Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What is the highest BMI race in Everquest?
Ogre 35 41.18%
Troll 16 18.82%
Dwarf 10 11.76%
Halfling 15 17.65%
Gnome 7 8.24%
Other (state the race and your reasoning below) 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's definitely troll. Ogre have a lot more muscle in there.
There is zero muscle definition in ogres arms, shoulders, or chest. There might be muscle underneath but the top has a lot of fat.

Trolls on other hand are the only race in EQ you can actually see their ribs sticking through their flesh and they have clearly defined muscles in their arms/shoulders/chest. Though the males have a strange bloated abdomen, the females do not share that characteristic. That suggests some kind of feature of troll sexual dimorphism and not overall fat/muscle content. Unlike ogres who the females and males both look like stay puff marshmallow men with zero muscle definition anywhere to be seen.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I voted Ogre, but I disagree with the height assessments in the OP.

Comparing character models, Barbarians are a full head taller, probably more, than Humans. Barbarians are likely closer to 7ft tall.

Similarly, High Elves are noticeably taller than Half Elves who are noticeably taller than Wood Elves. High Elves are closer to Humans in height than they are to Wood Elves. If Humans are 6ft, then High Elves are probably close to that.
Last edited by hekk99; 01-10-2021 at 01:57 AM..
Old 01-10-2021, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekk99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I voted Ogre, but I disagree with the height assessments in the OP.

Comparing character models, Barbarians are a full head taller, probably more, than Humans. Barbarians are likely closer to 7ft tall.

Similarly, High Elves are noticeably taller than Half Elves who are noticeably taller than Wood Elves. High Elves are closer to Humans in height than they are to Wood Elves. If Humans are 6ft, then High Elves are probably close to that.
Sally is not a high elf, sally is taller than a wood elf, but shorter than a human, what race is Sally?
Old 01-10-2021, 08:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sally is not a high elf, sally is taller than a wood elf, but shorter than a human, what race is Sally?
Is this gonna be on the final?
Old 01-11-2021, 04:54 AM
Banned

Ogre: they're 10 feet tall and 1200 pounds of pure flab
Old 01-16-2021, 05:46 PM
Aviak

I don't understand all the walk about how ogres have a lot of muscle, so it can't be them. Muscle still plays a roll in BMI, and if two creatures are the same size but one is fat and one is muscle, the muscular one will be heavier and thus have higher BMI. Which is exactly why ogres win.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Just to be clear BMI doesn’t take into account muscle mass, this is one of the primary criticism of the index as it can rate more muscular individuals as obese. That being said my understanding is even with the inherent flaws their is a strong correlation with lower BMI scores and longer lifespans. /shrug

Anyway ogres are fat as eff, and proud!
Old 01-16-2021, 07:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to be clear BMI doesn’t take into account muscle mass, this is one of the primary criticism of the index as it can rate more muscular individuals as obese. That being said my understanding is even with the inherent flaws their is a strong correlation with lower BMI scores and longer lifespans. /shrug

Anyway ogres are fat as eff, and proud!
It doesn't take muscle mass into consideration any more/less than it takes fat into consideration. The only consideration is weight. And because muscle is more dense than fat, individuals with more muscle mass will weigh more, and thus have higher BMI, than individuals of the same size who carry less muscle and more fat.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

ok but why