Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: At what point do you consider EQ won or completed?
Bronze Armor and lvl 20 11 20.37%
Lvl 50 and Class Quest gear. 14 25.93%
lvl 60 druid and bard tag team in tattered powerleveling whole guilds 3 5.56%
Tradeskills maxed 1 1.85%
Full Vulak Loots (Is this even the best?) Katanas x2 8 14.81%
Manastone, fungi, + other legendary items that get removed/nerfed & dark elf surgery? 7 12.96%
Fishing from the One World Trade Center Pier post sea level rise. 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 09:43 AM
Banned

Default Is raid gear necessary to beat EQ?

There area lot of serious posts about serious raiders and stuff and how important certain really rare and hard bosses are.

Are they tho?

What do you consider winning EQ?
Old 04-19-2021, 09:48 AM
Banned

*note bronze armor interchangable with banded/cured silk etc
Old 04-19-2021, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

It's one of my favorite pair of socks. You raid to get gear to raid things you already raided without the gear. It's an utterly pointless exercise in futility, beyond the comradely good fellowship you boys crave with fellow addicts.

I've called it a hell simulator before. I'm not really joking either. Themes of eternal recurrence / reincarnation / damnation pretty obvious in this game. Condemned to Samsara until one let's go of attachments and all that.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:59 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's one of my favorite pair of socks. You raid to get gear to raid things you already raided without the gear. It's an utterly pointless exercise in futility, beyond the comradely good fellowship you boys crave with fellow addicts.

I've called it a hell simulator before. I'm not really joking either. Themes of eternal recurrence / reincarnation / damnation pretty obvious in this game. Condemned to Samsara until one let's go of attachments and all that.
Thank you for your input plz vote. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The whole spiritual thing is exactly right. Which begs the question, why did I reroll? Again.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:01 AM
Banned

P.S. I never had raid gear. Someone gave me magi rokyls thing once, and a rubi bp, and a tash stick the one that comes from dragons like gorenaire once, I lost all of them I don't even know where they are or what happened to them, given away.. deleted.. banned... does that count as raid loot? I never got them with DKP or at lvl 50+ tho. Always sub 30 just generous ppl are awesome.

I also seem to lose interest as soon as my character gets 'good'. Whats up with that, I guess this thread is really about me and not about the raiders, who I don't identify with/as.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Default One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2021, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Velious was defeated first day except Tunare. Tunare requires velious raid gear.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:31 AM
Aviak

This is a subjective question. My answer to this question isn't on your poll.

You've won everquest when you stop caring about the loot. When you log on and get into some adventures with like minded friends you made in the game.

The loot is just the carrot on stick to motivate people to go into the world, explore and enjoy the emergent game play that happens when a group or guild set out to achieve some goal. Success or failure doesn't really matter. Loot definitely doesn't matter.

This is an mmo, what makes it unique is the people and relationship you make. You've won if you can log on hangout and enjoy the game world with friends without concern for loot.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a subjective question. My answer to this question isn't on your poll.

You've won everquest when you stop caring about the loot. When you log on and get into some adventures with like minded friends you made in the game.

The loot is just the carrot on stick to motivate people to go into the world, explore and enjoy the emergent game play that happens when a group or guild set out to achieve some goal. Success or failure doesn't really matter. Loot definitely doesn't matter.

This is an mmo, what makes it unique is the people and relationship you make. You've won if you can log on hangout and enjoy the game world with friends without concern for loot.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or bronze armor, Opt1, that is like incidental, then u just run around having fun killing gnolls and maxing factions or w/e it is random stuff u like to do in game.

I got a rat necklace and killed a begger in the sewers while my friend gasped at me and refused to assist me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Despite re-assuring him my faction with qeynos citizens would remain undamaged.

Otherwise I kinda totally agree and ur post is the best post sofar.

Cecily's posts are funny2
Old 04-19-2021, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious was defeated first day except Tunare. Tunare requires velious raid gear.
Also this, Tunare doesn't even drop good loot lols. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ? whyyyy

Like am I the only person here who wanted quests for my dark elf cleric in plane of hate and not to bother getting stupid drops from mobs there? Just so I could run around and listen to the Maestro do his thing? What other raiders wipe from the safety of my faction?
Closed Thread