Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 05:25 AM
Large Rat

Default Looking for my final epic piece!

Hello everyone! I am currently on the final step of completing my paladin epic. This is a goal I've had in EQ for nearly two decades. It is finally within reach. However, the last item I need is the Tainted Darksteel Sword from Keeper of the Tombs in the Hole. Unfortunately, I have had no luck being able to find a group capable of getting that far into the hole, nor have I seen him up yet as he is a 7-10 day respawn.

The sword is MQ'able, so I am hoping I can find someone here on the forums who has the sword rotting away in their bank and wouldn't mind MQ'ing it for me. I would gladly pay for it, but I have nearly nothing to offer as I have not reached a point where I can make high amounts of plat. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with this as it would complete a childhood dream of obtaining my first EQ epic!

Thank you all for hearing me out and stay safe. Hope to see you guys in game!
-Kyedaris Rei'Vaasha (52 Paladin) - Blue Server
Old 10-06-2021, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Consider joining kittens, they will get you a free epic.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Join a guild for help with these things. Any guild on the server will help members achieve epics
Old 10-06-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Make a halfling brell rogue and hide/sneak your way down there, log in occasionally to check if it is up. If you find him up let me know and I'll help you kill it, that's basically how I did it. Alternatively nowadays there are tons of people in the hole you might just be able to /ooc for help.

Good luck!
Old 10-07-2021, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Definitely use the halfling Brell Rogue to track it. That’s how I was able to find him up. He also casts spells as well so easy to pick up in logs. You can afk your rogue while Sneak/Hide just inside the door to the area where Dartain spawns and should be able to pick up his casts. Believe it’s a 7 day spawn with no variance so hopefully that will at least work to help you get a time of death.

If you find him up shoot me a tell in game and I can kill him and Mq you the sword.

Barlu/Larryb
Old 10-07-2021, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Did you expect a different response from your first thread?
Old 10-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Consider joining riot, they also enjoy welfare. You will fit right in, hope that helped.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider joining riot, they also enjoy welfare. You will fit right in, hope that helped.
yikes
Old 10-09-2021, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

I expect unless a farm squad went for it specifically to roll on and sell later it’s going to be difficult to find in a bank. Unlike the Hate bp it’s less stumbled upon.

If it was me I’d suggest posting a WTB in the blue trader forum. Really though joining a casual guild wouldn’t be a bad path. Most are eager to help people (why I joined one). You eventually will need to be venture into Plane of Fear to hand it all in and despite the keyboard warriors stating otherwise that can be a perilous journey. Best case after a CT clear it’s still a nailbiter…there is a ring of fire covering half the zone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .
Old 10-09-2021, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

I just finished mine with some help of guild mates MQing the sword to me. Take everyone's advise and join a guild. Since the pally epic isn't a high priority for most guilds, consider joining a guild who focuses more on this type of thing, Kittens would be a good choice as riot keeps timers of fear mobs and are allied with kittens. Final turn in took me a bit and in the end I just got lucky. Good luck to you
Closed Thread