Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20020305...ell.asp?Id=207

Quote:
GAINING MANA, By Aurora (1/28/2001)

At lvl 49 +, I find that I GAIN mana every time I reclaim and I am not even specialized in Conjuration. So I would assume those mages who specialize in Conjuration will start seeing a gain at lvl 44 +. I have been using this spell as a Mage version of Clarity at times. Just keep summoning and reclaiming and you have Clarity standing up ). Just bring tons of Malachites with you. And at lvl 44+, I don't think anyone cares about the price of Malachites. Only problem is inventory space.
That's the only classic mention I've found. Most people are citing you get back 50% of the pets mana cost (here it's 100%).
Old 05-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

the reason devs haven't looked into this one is because theres simply not enough concrete evidence posted here yet to determine how it worked one way or another. just a bunch of random links and peoples theores mixed in. We need to start seeing a pattern of quotes where people know what they are talking about and that can be backed up by other people, experimentation, and other things. also devs aren't going to click every link you post. if you have good evidence then quote & bold the good parts here and then provide a link to the entire thread. if the quoted part looks good to the dev then he might actually investigate your link. (see Daldaens great example above: a link, and a meaningful quote pulled from that link which makes you want to further investigate the link). you guys honestly think nilbog is like "oh but those darn mages are going to be standing instead of medding!" it has nothing to do with balance its all in the proof. hell I just realized this aint even in bug thread so why would devs even be looking at this "Class Discussion" thread like a bug report anway?
Last edited by Grimjaw; 05-08-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Spel...ization_skills
Old 05-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

/sigh
Old 05-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

lol

weird how mages can dps decently even while oom. oh wait they the best pets in the game. this thread needs to die.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Orc

Enchanters have the best pets in the game...

The issue is everyone knows pet canni was in during classic era, yet for some reason it isn't on this server.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQJubilee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters have the best pets in the game...

The issue is everyone knows pet canni was in during classic era, yet for some reason it isn't on this server.
The issue is there isn't any consensus on how it should work.

How it works here is its a 100% mana cost return
My thought was (Pet HP/Base Pet HP) * 100% mana cost = return
Classic posts suggest a 50% mana cost return
RandomGuy01 suggests a 20% * PetHP = mana return

Those are the ways I've seen it described. If you have posts that elaborate on the strategy let me know.

From 2003 this post changed Reclaik to work like:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20031218.html

Quote:
Reclaim Energy will now return 75 percent of the mana used to summon the pet, 95 percent if the caster has Improved Reclaim Energy.
http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...?f=168&t=60035

It definitely was based on HP somehow before the patch and afterwards it was based on just mana cost regardless of HP.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 AM
Sarnak

for great justice
Closed Thread