Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Aviak

Or just tell the necro to dump on you? :P
Old 05-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Skeleton

i was really just kidding! but it would be more mana efficient don't necro's lose about 2/3 of their mana by dumping? where ToT has an increase in mana gained?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Good stuff in here.

I keep getting told 59 for chardok due to resists.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

58 Works fine in Chardok. People just LOVE blamming wipes on anything they can. I'd take a 58 Enchanter who knows how to stun over a 60 one who doesn't and sits on pull incoming.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Are there any guides to chanter in chardok?

I wouldn't want to go in new and do it wrong.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Always get max HP buffs. Heroic Bond + Symbol of Marzin from the Cleric. Have your own Shield of the Magi up. Also have Rune V up before each pull (keep stacks of Peridots on you). Also use Air Elemental Illusion for levitate, it prevents getting throw around. And of course use C2/Enlightenment on yourself (you will also be responsible for buffing the wizard(s)/mage(s)/cleric when they ask for C2/Enlightenment. When the puller calls that the pull is incoming, cast Bedlam on yourself.

In Chardok, CHA doesn't matter (unlike most other places you are an Enchanter). As such, it is wise to have some more mana-focused gear to increase your mana pool for chain AE Stuns, if you have a lot of CHA gear and little INT/Mana gear.

You start the pull standing at the corner with the cleric and the other enchanters. ALWAYS STAND UP once the cleric has healed the puller. If you are sitting you will get aggro, die and then the group wipes.

There are 3 "roles".

Mez * slant - skew - shift = Enchant1
Rune * skew - shift - slant = Enchant2
Bedlam * shift - slant - skew = Enchant3
  • Mez - You just mez the 1 roamer that paths to the entrance. Make sure to mez this mob near the corner so that he gets stunned with everything else. Refresh the mez 10s~ after the puller gets healed so that it will stay mezzed long enough where it won't break until after stuns have begun.
  • Bedlam - You cast Bedlam on the cleric. You need to do this BEFORE the Cleric heals the puller (do it when the Puller announces he has started the pull). If you do this after the Cleric heals the puller you will get aggro on the pull and when the cleric DAs you will die and likely wipe the group.
  • Rune - You cast Rune on the cleric. Due to Rune lasting so long you can do this after the pull 20min before the next one is going to start.

The rotations listed above aren't always necessarily lining up with those 3 roles. Just check what the order is when you get in the group and someone will have a hotkey or you can make one just like what I posted above.

When casting stuns, you ONLY cast in your order. IE if you are Slant - Skew - Shift, you ONLY cast Slant THEN Skew THEN Shift. If you are ever interrupted by a summon or push when casting, GO TO YOUR NEXT STUN. This is very important. The reason there is a stun order is to make sure that there is always 1 enchanter casting the longest duration stun at a time. If you get interrupted and you try to recast that spell after getting interrupted, it throws off the order and you may end up where no one is casting Slant (the good stun).

The pack of mobs will slowly creep to the South as nukers are nuking. You need to move into the center of the pack to make sure your PBAE Stuns are hitting mobs on the perimeter of the pack. You generally only need to move one or two times. You don't need to be moving after every AE just make sure you look somewhat centered on the pack of mobs.

Pro-Tip1 - Target a caster NPC (you will learn which ones are casters pretty quick) and use an instant clicky (Rod of Insidious Glamour) to remove global cooldown and cast Theft of Thought in between stuns. You would do something like this:

Color Slant
- Instant Clicky
Theft of Thought
- Instant Clicky
Color Skew

Pro-Tip2 - There's a PBAE Stun proccing wand from Sol Ro Temple Quest. You can equip this and autoattack on mobs and inbetween casts you can randomly proc a stun. This is mostly for novelty, but it can rarely help stun a mob that resisted everything else.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Awesome thanks.

Looks involved. I'll have to make sure I have it all down. I'm already used to chain stuns from fear ae. The timing of buffs I'll have to be sure to do right.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's a great idea swish dueling to siphon mana i've never heard of that before. gonna start doing that to necro's in my group! their dang regen is rediculous haha
I had a habbit of asking bards.. they never use their mana in groups, well thats not totally true.. but if they arnt, ask if u can duel them.. theyll say no cus bards are bad at eq and dont understand.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome thanks.

Looks involved. I'll have to make sure I have it all down. I'm already used to chain stuns from fear ae. The timing of buffs I'll have to be sure to do right.
I think if I was you, I would go there and WATCH a Chanter do it a few times, instead of jump in and wipe the group as a noob. Your reputation will blow quick. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't choose to duel/tap a cleric for mana, but tapping a ranger is so good. The good thing about tapping is that even if they're out of mana you get mana back.

You can also just keep a mob perma-mezzed and tap it all day long. Very useful on a Fear raid for example.