Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Default Ench charm xp w/ pets

Does the xp penalty for pets apply to charmed pets?
Old 05-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yes it does.

Either group with someone to get rid of the penalty (any priest is a great option)

OR

Break charm when both mobs are low HP and nuke them to death.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes it does.

Either group with someone to get rid of the penalty (any priest is a great option)

OR

Break charm when both mobs are low HP and nuke them to death.
Its easy when my pet is about to die, just break charm and nuke while enemy is rooted, but I find it more mana intensive if my pet is winning.

Ex. My pet has 75% health, enemy has 10%. I back pet off, sit the pet, break charm, mez pet, nuke 10% mob, and recharm either a) the 75% old pet, or b) a new pet.

But I find I am using an obnoxious amount of mana when my pet is dominating.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its easy when my pet is about to die, just break charm and nuke while enemy is rooted, but I find it more mana intensive if my pet is winning.

Ex. My pet has 75% health, enemy has 10%. I back pet off, sit the pet, break charm, mez pet, nuke 10% mob, and recharm either a) the 75% old pet, or b) a new pet.

But I find I am using an obnoxious amount of mana when my pet is dominating.
Depending on your level, you can avoid that.

Charm a pet, give him a 10min+ haste and ability to dual wield with torch (hopefully fixed soon) or two weapons. Then break him.

Root him and send other mobs against him to their demise to guarantee your pets never winning the fight. When your beastmode mob gets low on HP, mesmerize and let him blur+regen to 100% while you med. Then repeat.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Charm a pet, give him a 10min+ haste and ability to dual wield with torch (hopefully fixed soon) or two weapons. Then break him.

Root him and send other mobs against him to their demise to guarantee your pets never winning the fight. When your beastmode mob gets low on HP, mesmerize and let him blur+regen to 100% while you med. Then repeat.
this is certainly an interesting approach, ill have to try this! I am only 19 atm on my enchanter, I don't play him a lot but I am practicing charming for when I get to the bear pits on my druid. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

You'll get a better feel for what mobs to kill - there's a reason that it's best to kill low blue mobs that are close to each other in level, ideally even the same mob types so they don't run when low.

Once you get the hang of it, you can burn through a pair of kills with little more mana expended than a single tash+mez+charm and root on another target, which your Breeze/Clarity will regen easily.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Otherwise known as reverse charming. I'd recommend rooting first before charm and hasting for obvious reasons. you can do it with more than 1 if you're feeling particularly brave. Watech as your pet gets shredded by multiple Halsted mobs. Break and kill. Rinse and repeat.

Warning: multiples can be very bad for your health [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2015, 04:48 PM
Skeleton

I think people overcomplicate it. I've tried it all these ways mentioned above and been successful. but i've done best by finding a red con melee only mob. Charming a blue and sending him against it. the red will BLOW through it so i begin casting invis between 25 and 30% (5second cast i believe) i never root either mob. i stay far enough away when they are fighting that i have time to nuke before the low mob gets to me. (so red mob is coming with him) i don't use DoT's i just nuke em and dead. then run around with red mob chasing me until i find another blue to charm and send him back to red. as long as you dont cast ANYTHING on the red mob he will immediatebly aggro to your pet, slaughter him, rinse repeat. I've never heard this method described but i never have to take a med break. unless i get low health and i just mez/camp to break aggro and regen up.

I always keep troll illusion on for regen. I always use Sow while doing it (can't really do this method without sow) but between potions and tradin breeze for sow it's not hard to keep sow on constantly.

you only need 3 spells for this method. invis,charm, nuke. i dont even bother tashing because the red kills em so fast.

This probably would not work in dungeons or small spaces im currently doing it in LOIO

any questions hit me up in game. Capitilize is my name.

dunno if this helps or not, just how i do it.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:30 AM
Kobold

If you break charm and recharm the same mob, does it reset the damage/xp counter?

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Old 05-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Skeleton

yes
Closed Thread