Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 12:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or are they considered to be the charm bug(s) that could cause mobs on the same (or mutually friendly) faction to start fighting each other after charm was broken?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

Oh I didn't explicitly list this in the patch notes. But recast delays are hardcoded into npc spellsets now. So no more getting locked down by a mob chaincasting a spell with a recast delay, you'll notice this most against cleric/paladin mobs with stuns.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Rogean: Faction levels set to correct values, and cap fixed while keeping Ally disabled. (Per Research from Uthgaard)
What does this mean? Ally is disabled? Huh?

I'm currently having trouble getting to Ally in a certain faction.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Aviak

I believe at least one quest requires ally faction in order to complete (squad ring), so I assume this quest can no longer be done?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does this mean? Ally is disabled? Huh?

I'm currently having trouble getting to Ally in a certain faction.
The eqemu faction system was incorrect in terms of the total scale of faction. This has been corrected for the top end to the bottom end. Additionally, ally faction won't be available until Velious, in which quests actually require Ally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe at least one quest requires ally faction in order to complete (squad ring), so I assume this quest can no longer be done?
I thought I had changed them all with the last patch. It appears Marshal Ghobber had two different phrases for ally though, so fixed for next patch. Aside from this guy, I see nothing else that is written to require more than warmly.
Last edited by nilbog; 10-31-2010 at 01:32 PM..
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The eqemu faction system was incorrect in terms of the total scale of faction. This has been corrected for the top end to the bottom end. Additionally, ally faction won't be available until Velious, in which quests actually require Ally.
Ally faction seems needed for the Soulfire Quest, or else Brother Hayle is bugged. Please see my petition.

thanks!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20349
Old 10-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You got any evidence that ranger bows should do critical hits in classic? Because that is on my list of things to nerf, that I have been intentionally ignoring.

As some one that played a ranger from Beta til the end of my time on live, yes rangers did crits with their bows. At one time, during beta they played with giving all the fighter classes crits. They found it was too over powered for rangers to get crits with normal weapons but they kept them in for bows. Unless you have access to beta patch notes though, I can't prove it.

Edit:

If you have beta patch notes, rangers were given bow crits at the same time Rogues were given the ability to crit with thrown weapons. Which was buffed up, crit chance was too low, sometime just before or after RoK.
Last edited by RKromwell; 10-31-2010 at 11:18 PM..
Old 10-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Sarnak

Just for S&G I sent an email to Brad to ask him about rangers and bow crits.

Quote:

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Brad McQuaid <aradune********> wrote:

I think so, but that was a long time ago! I don't remember for sure.

-Brad

On Oct 31, 2010, at 8:00 PM, Jim wrote:

> Brad!
>
> Rangers in EQ, were able to crit with a bow on day one of live yes? I seem to recall it being put in during beta. Just need to solve a minor argument.
>
> Thanks
>
>

I guess everyone's memory sucks.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

If rangers got crits for Archery "later on", then certainly there would be patch notes in the archives announcing this addition/enhancement to the class. It's not something they would slip in under the radar. Therefore, it existed at release because there is no proof it was added after release.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread