Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you discovered a pathing glitch, which if intentionally used to gain unintended benefits is an exploit. Exploiting pathing breakdowns is a bannable offense. No uncertainty at all. Classic, current, live, past, all iterations of EQ.

Any other questions? You are expected to report and ignore such breakdowns in the game.

Integrity is what you do when no one is there to make sure you do what's right. That's the missing component confusing yall. Dirty whistles // no integrity. Enjoy you shameless glitched pixels. As if summoning mobs through walls in dungeons is what the devs had in mind for you cretons to enjoy in their digital D&D world MMORPG which letter is exploit? Is the G for glitches?

You sicken me.
Hmm. Never said I abused it...and I think people who abuse things like this should be banned, which I said.
You should channel you anger into better reading comprehension before spitting venom in people's directions.

I currently have a petition asking the GMs about a bug/exploit that could be giving people an advantage. It has 3 views from GMs in a dew days.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pathing issues are all over EQ zones. I.e I discovered one in SolA the other day by accident that you "can" abuse and heal up while a mob/mobs try to path to you.

Should you be banned for using pathing exploits like this? Yes after a first time account wide warning.
I discovered a glitch that can be exploited for personal gain. Should I get banned for exploiting it when it is written out in no uncertain terms in the rules? Yes, but only if I get a warning to follow the rules I already knew and stop doing shit I knew was wrong until I get caught.

Fixed* Getting a warning literally means you used it til you got caught, meaning you don't give a fuck. You don't ACCIDENTALY exploit a pathing glitch for hours on end dude. You feign plausible deniability that it wasn't some fair way to play the game and expect a GM to buy your rancid bigfoot shit diaper. FLITHY WHISTLE NEXT!

And again, anyone posting glitches and exploits here is in violation of the rules and needs to post in the correct subforum for such posts, for obvious reasons. Namely the people on here hoping to find info like this to use to their advantage until they force GM intervention via server disruptions caused by their immature inability to follow even the simplest of rules and not try to cheat the game at every possible turn, ultimately cheating only themselves and those who would suffer playing with them.

It's a blatant glitch. It's a blatant exploit. Exploiting glitches in such a way is clearly against all rulesets past present and future for live and for classic. It's a through the world pull pathing glitch and yall act confused about semantics? Grow the hell up. This is why the devs wont give us Chardok 2.0 you ingrates! Because they don't even want to deal with this absurdity any more.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-CxyM3bEA

It's totally cool to do it in VP pulls though!... But banned in ToV, for consistency.
Can get your law degree in the same time it would take you to understand these rules.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Fire Giant

I don’t care, snacks good guy, plays hard. But it’s illegal everywhere except there apparently, and hate.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can get your law degree in the same time it would take you to understand these rules.
/This
Old 01-11-2019, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

From what I understand you can use crit resist on a general basis, but not when combining it with a pathing bug.

So you could pull caller of Sathir in KC by crit resisting his pet and having them jump down the well to basement, but you couldn't use crit resist in REDACTED to pull (the target) through some walls.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you discovered a pathing glitch, which if intentionally used to gain unintended benefits is an exploit. Exploiting pathing breakdowns is a bannable offense. No uncertainty at all. Classic, current, live, past, all iterations of EQ.
While I in no way support exploiting mechanics this is largely untrue. Classic, current, live, past, all iterations - to quote you. Frowned upon? Yes. Mostly addressed over time on most servers? Yes. Widespread bans? Absolutely, no.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
I discovered a glitch that can be exploited for personal gain. Should I get banned for exploiting it when it is written out in no uncertain terms in the rules? Yes, but only if I get a warning to follow the rules I already knew and stop doing shit I knew was wrong until I get caught.

Fixed* Getting a warning literally means you used it til you got caught, meaning you don't give a fuck. You don't ACCIDENTALY exploit a pathing glitch for hours on end dude. You feign plausible deniability that it wasn't some fair way to play the game and expect a GM to buy your rancid bigfoot shit diaper. FLITHY WHISTLE NEXT!

And again, anyone posting glitches and exploits here is in violation of the rules and needs to post in the correct subforum for such posts, for obvious reasons. Namely the people on here hoping to find info like this to use to their advantage until they force GM intervention via server disruptions caused by their immature inability to follow even the simplest of rules and not try to cheat the game at every possible turn, ultimately cheating only themselves and those who would suffer playing with them.

It's a blatant glitch. It's a blatant exploit. Exploiting glitches in such a way is clearly against all rulesets past present and future for live and for classic. It's a through the world pull pathing glitch and yall act confused about semantics? Grow the hell up. This is why the devs wont give us Chardok 2.0 you ingrates! Because they don't even want to deal with this absurdity any more.
Jesus loves you bro.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Banned

If it’s ingame it’s as brad intended. Enforcing rules like this is beyond dumb.

Makes me happy I play on a no rules server (only after getting geared on blue n red lol)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

exploiting and catching people doing it

shits classic

bodybagger needs jesus and probably some time away from fantasy land

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread