Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 07:30 AM
Fire Giant

SWG was an awful game from start to finish. There was literally no point to it or any "end game ". The BH - Jedi interaction was broken beyond belief.
So much promise though.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:44 AM
Kobold

I loved this game so much. Made Beta for the first expansion and had fun getting in dogfights. There was so much to do: crafting, marketing, engineering, fighting, exploring. I was SO close to getting Jedi with my best friend right before they made it a starting class.

Would go to a DAoC emulator before SWG just because playing with my best friend at the time made SWG so good too. We were always competing.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:46 PM
Skeleton

lol that is the point Efwan you can't have an OP class in an MMO or else everyone will be that class. Go watch Bloodfin PvP,all it is Jedi fighting other Jedi with a random BH hunt every now and then. All those combat profession choices but only 1 really matters precu.
Last edited by Azro; 09-25-2015 at 01:14 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SWG was an awful game from start to finish. There was literally no point to it or any "end game ". The BH - Jedi interaction was broken beyond belief.
So much promise though.
No idea what you were playing, but there was literally endless options of things to do/gear to acquire, no there wasn't any specific endgame raid targets like EQ having nagafen etc, but there was nightsister camps, krayts, faction bases (which you had to raid), pvp. P.S. the BH - Jedi interaction was the best part of the game IMO, and outside of the probe droids acting up in the first 2-3 weeks of Jedi, there really was not much bugged/broken.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea what you were playing, but there was literally endless options of things to do/gear to acquire, no there wasn't any specific endgame raid targets like EQ having nagafen etc, but there was nightsister camps, krayts, faction bases (which you had to raid), pvp. P.S. the BH - Jedi interaction was the best part of the game IMO, and outside of the probe droids acting up in the first 2-3 weeks of Jedi, there really was not much bugged/broken.

I felt there was no game direction. No need for guilds like eq to hit gods or for teams like guild wars or realms/groups like daoc. i beta tested for a lot of SWG and then gave it about 6 months as a BH. It was a bigger let down that WoW. Just tragic , tumbleweed city - it did not feel like a MMORPG. It was just badly designed with no idea how to have the community interact consistantly.
the crime in all of this is just how bad Mythic fucked up DAoC after a good first 2 years. there was literally no competition if you knew what u were doing (EQ after SoV - bomb ; WoW : carebear retarded kids ; SWG lasting as long as Star Wars fanbois could stomach)
No pain no gain.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Fire Giant

So after playing Swgemu.com for like 30 mins it just made me realize how much i missed SWTOR and i resubbed yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJBEHeGpX4

I made a bunch of lil videos like these back on launch and i always get a nostaliga boner when i watch them. So I'm giving it another shot. Plus the knights of the fallen cinematic looked pretty sick.

Edit: I was a pretty big deal in SWTOR top 3 world raiding guild on launch and best pvp on server. Felts goog bro.
Last edited by TheBiznessTZ; 09-25-2015 at 08:05 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

swg was fuckin badass. before they went full retard.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It didn't kill the game, a lot of people just were super closed minded and mostly hurt that they lost their Alpha class Jedi. For everyone else it added tons of content that was actually enjoyable.
yeah.. thats why the game servers were shut down. Because everyone enjoyed it so much.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 09-26-2015, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
swg was fuckin badass. before they went full retard.
This. And gaso wtf no velious for you dawg? Don't tell me the b& rumors are true.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. And gaso wtf no velious for you dawg? Don't tell me the b& rumors are true.
No, im just really burnt out after playing 12 hours a day or more from march to august pretty much every day of the week. Went to hard. Velly was fun ill be back to play and gear out my ranger and wiz eventually. I should be playing discord a lil bit pending how play time sinks up with my 2 RL pals. But for now im just taking it casual life playing SWTOR HOTS CSGO h1z1.

Edit: i just don't like logging on EQ for like 2 hours and logging off and go well i glad i go soooo much accomplished...