Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Entertaining offers on a pair of pre nerf Forest Loops please PM
Old 10-29-2018, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

I leveled 2 characters from 22-30ish at the warsliks giant fort. Maybe saw 3 drop in those combined 16 levels. Saw 1 drop at the FM fort, but have spent significantly less time there.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:00 PM
Aviak

i got like 8 levels there and saw 3 drop, sorry bro. RNG is a pure asshole. On the upside, it owes you some quick camps now.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes, I had one in like 3 hours. So it should works
Old 10-30-2018, 06:48 AM
Kobold

As most have said, it seems to be awful rare in WW giant fort. I never saw one in 5 levels there. Unless you're a wisdom caster, I'd rather have https://wiki.project1999.com/Cougar_Claw_Earring anyway.
Busher 51 Elven Ranger
Clewless Gamer 52 Gnome Magician
Cleaveage 36 Ogre Warrior
Azwuping 25 Human Monk
Vietgnom 30 Gnome Necromancer
Johnsun 20 High Elf Cleric
Swishwins 3 Gnome Enchanter (RED)
Old 10-30-2018, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

I found some in frontbottom mountains.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The wiki lists a .4% chance of A Forest Giant Greenwood dropping the earring. I'm assuming that the other giants in the zone have a similar chance at dropping it. So, having killed about 450, there's about a 16.5% chance that it wouldn't have dropped for me. If those numbers are correct, I'll guess I've just been unlucky. Bummer.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeandi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki lists a .4% chance of A Forest Giant Greenwood dropping the earring. I'm assuming that the other giants in the zone have a similar chance at dropping it. So, having killed about 450, there's about a 16.5% chance that it wouldn't have dropped for me. If those numbers are correct, I'll guess I've just been unlucky. Bummer.
Yeah, and who knows how accurate that 0.4% is for the Greenwoods,much less how that would compare to the lower level giants in the zone. Dealing with such tiny percents, luck plays a lot into the assumptions. I am assuming that Wiki doesn't have data from 100,000 kills of Greenwoods.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, and who knows how accurate that 0.4% is for the Greenwoods,much less how that would compare to the lower level giants in the zone. Dealing with such tiny percents, luck plays a lot into the assumptions. I am assuming that Wiki doesn't have data from 100,000 kills of Greenwoods.
I'm thinking my best bet is to concentrate on the Evergreens. From having killed so many of these things I've noticed that Saplings drop 0-1 items, Greenwoods and Forest Giants drop (0-2) items (discounting ringband), and the Evergreens drop (0-3) items (discounting ringband). On average it seems like Evergreens drop one more item per kill than the Greenwoods. I'm going to assume that every item dropped has an equal chance of being the earring. The assumption seems to be backed up looking at the difference in the reported drop data on the wiki. Despite the small sample size, the Evergreens show a higher chance at almost everything on the loot table per kill than the Greenwoods. I assume this is due to the fact the Evergreens drop more loot.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeandi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not how statistics work lol. The chances arent additive (if one giant doesn't drop one, it's drop rate is not added onto the next one).

After killing 450, your next giant is still that 0.4% chance drop.
Closed Thread