Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has to do with how much damage you’ve dealt and as the guy above said the level of mobs you’re pulling
Clearly you are trying but no where in the FD mechanic does the amount of damage done matter. Brad bless your false info.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

The pre-35 memory wipe is a thing of beauty.

It's an easy way to gain respect when you single pull Goblin Raiders in High Keep.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can monk FD get interrupted from melee? It seems like most of my "fallen to the grounds" happen when I need it most, when like 4-5 melee mobs are pounding on me at once. I've been wondering if there's some sort of similar mechanic to spell casting involved that causes FD to fail. A sequence such as:

Mob begins swing > Monk FDs > Mob swing lands > Monk has fallen to the ground

From my experience, the greater the number of mobs hitting me, the greater the chance FD fails. Maybe there's a per mob check?
Old 05-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeandi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can monk FD get interrupted from melee? It seems like most of my "fallen to the grounds" happen when I need it most, when like 4-5 melee mobs are pounding on me at once. I've been wondering if there's some sort of similar mechanic to spell casting involved that causes FD to fail. A sequence such as:

Mob begins swing > Monk FDs > Mob swing lands > Monk has fallen to the ground

From my experience, the greater the number of mobs hitting me, the greater the chance FD fails. Maybe there's a per mob check?
You have to turn attack off first before you FD.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to turn attack off first before you FD.
I know that. My FD hot key has that built in.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

I doubt your theory, for the reason that spell breaking fd do not trigger that failure text... And yes, fd failes mostly when you need it, blame that evil rng
Old 05-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I do think there something more than just bad RNG luck. With max FD skill I had 3 fallens in 4 attempts trying to break Executioner's in LGuk (5 melee at once). I don't think I could reproduce that in a million attempts just hitting the macro over and over. Anecdotally, I say I fail more with 2 mobs on me than 1, 3 mobs on me than 2, etc.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

You are just remembering the times when FD fail has fucked you over more than the times where everything went fine. No where ever have I heard anything about amount of mobs or melee having any effect on FD.

I have FDed while getting pounded on by trains many many times and it has worked just fine....expect when it doesn't...then its time to hit void dance and strafe your ass off
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread