Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it were an option, would you have pvped him for it
So this made me wonder. How are the Play Nice rules enforced on the Red server? If someone had a camp you wanted and you were able to defeat them in PvP, is the camp then legit yours?
Old 06-26-2020, 01:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craglar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not one to usually call people out but it seems to happen more often then not on green. Spec's are usually crowded in Feerrott and Oasis. I thought OOT always seem good. Flocka beat me to a CC when the boat zoned in. Anyone else run across similar scenario's?
That guy is a huge piece of shit. Regardless if it was an innocent typo or not, I'm not shocked he couldn't let an opportunity slide to be a pretentious dickbag about it
Old 06-26-2020, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Have you considered blue? More content and more open spots.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this made me wonder. How are the Play Nice rules enforced on the Red server? If someone had a camp you wanted and you were able to defeat them in PvP, is the camp then legit yours?
Red has a sort of addendum to the PnP: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=148787

Quote:
When one makes the decision to play on a PvP Server, they are in essence agreeing to play on a server where compromise is decided on the basis of who has the power to kill whom.

By the same token, we expect that the people on those servers will apply PvP combat in all situations where it is called for, as a resolution to the problem. As such, the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will decline to intervene in cases where a PvP alternative exists, such as at disputed spawns where the parties involved have the ability to attack each other.

Please note that this means that kill stealing is still against the rules on Project 1999 Red. If you wish to steal someones kill, it is recommended you kill the player first and then kill their mob.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A CC response is just common courtesy so that a party knows ahead of time an area is unavailable. It's certainly annoying to fight your way down to a camp only to find out it's taken by someone not bothering to inform their fellow players the area is camped.

Agreed though, not enforced, but just good behaviour to follow.
Unfortunately, a lot of people are devoid of common courtesy.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to give fake spawn names when people call a CC.

like Waterfall Guard or Fake Wall Gnoll

It's fun to think someone will believe there is some secret guard or gnoll in a zone.
Glad to know I am in good company on this one!
Old 06-26-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way I would treat red99 without looking at any rules is, if I saw a camp I wanted and PVP'd someone for it, I would demand they loot their body and scoot(LNS), and if they dont agree, corpse camp them until they leave.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craglar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not one to usually call people out but it seems to happen more often then not on green. Spec's are usually crowded in Feerrott and Oasis. I thought OOT always seem good. Flocka beat me to a CC when the boat zoned in. Anyone else run across similar scenario's?

Attachment 12936
this was me. i picked up the camp after no one responded to the cc. i'm sorry i beat you to the camp and your feelings got hurt.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:00 PM
Banned

this wouldn’t happen on red
Old 06-26-2020, 08:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it were an option, would you have pvped him for it
Yes, It was honestly very frustrating. Especially to find someone who called a completely separate camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this was me. i picked up the camp after no one responded to the cc. i'm sorry i beat you to the camp and your feelings got hurt.
You beating me to the camp wasn't the point. It was the fact you called AC which you clearly were not up on. Then i find you at another camp upon arrival. If you had enough courtesy to respond to the CC, you should have had the courtesy to announce a camp switch when you got there to find it open.
Cragzon 58 Rogue (Blue)
Craglar 55 Shaman (Blue)
Craglana 53 Mage (Red)
Holycrag 52 Paladin (Red)
Closed Thread