Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Shaman spells for soloing?

I have a 37 shaman w/ fungi tunic and staff + decent gear. Should I bother using the disempower line or the fury line for solo? Also what about blind. Thanks
Old 06-10-2020, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

I never used either of those lines while soloing. I won't swear that you shouldn't, but I just don't think disempower lowers the mob's damage enough (after slowing) to justify wasting mana on it (it's more efficient to just take the damage and heal it) ... and similarly the Fury line doesn't increase DPS enough to justify spending mana on it (by 37 melee is a tiny part of Shaman DPS overall, and Fury only offers a tiny increase). In fact, I never really used the Fury line ever (but I did, rarely, disempower on raids).

As for blind, you will barely ever use it, and likely not while soloing ... but it does have a critical use in a rare case: whenever you want to tank with your Shaman (eg. because you have a group in Seb Crypt going with great DPS, but your tank leaves, so you just need someone to distract the mobs while everyone else beats them down), you essentially want to use blind as your taunt button.

Other than that specific/rare case though, it's pretty garbage.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-10-2020 at 04:25 PM..
Old 06-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

The Disempower line isn't really useful when soloing. The amount of mana you spend and the spell slot you use isn't worth what you get back. The debuff is barely noticeable. This spell line is mostly useful on raid targets, where every little bit of debuff helps.

Blind DOES have a use case when soloing. I used Blind to solo Sirens in Cobalt Scar when I was level 52, and their spells had a good chance of landing. Getting Charmed by an Enchanter mob is a huge problem on a Shaman. All of your dots will become useless, and your pet will die. If the blinded monster is not next to a player or pet on it's hate list, the blind will act as a fear. This means caster mobs cannot cast spells while they are feared.

This is useful when fighting caster mobs in a large open area, where adds are not likely to occur. The requirement of being in a large open area limits the use cases, but it is a viable strategy when dealing with particularly nasty caster mobs. Even when the monster is unsnared, your main method of damage is Dots. It is annoying, but with SoW you can definitely keep up with a running mob, and dot it. If you are a troll, you can pair Blind with https://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk for a crappy version of fear kiting with snares. I did the fear kiting without a snare, so it is 100% doable on other races, but Trolls have a bit of an edge here. The only caveat is you cannot have a pet dealing damage to the mob while it is running, unlike regular fear kiting. You also need to pay close attention to your positioning. The mob will attack you and start casting spells if they happen to run by you.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-12-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Old 06-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blind DOES have a use case when soloing. I used Blind to solo Sirens in Cobalt Scar when I was level 52, and their spells had a good chance of landing. Getting Charmed by an Enchanter mob is a huge problem on a Shaman. All of your dots will become useless, and your pet will die. If the blinded monster is not next to a player or pet on it's hate list, the blind will act as a fear. This means caster mobs cannot cast spells while they are feared.
I didn't know this! Very interesting.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

To answer the question directly,. no, but!~ Cripple on mobs does HELP!
Cripple = Less damage taken by the players and more damage given by the players.
It should be done to any raid mob it's able to land on.

Just root rot and malise when the mob is breaking root often. If the mob is breaking root too often, keep in mind mobs have different resistances. And level is king on P99,. so hit those dark blues that have low MR/PR/DR, you'll learn via trial and error which mobs are good to root rot.

Abuse slow, it's the most OP spell in the game.

I think you can still do NK, sk bridge 2x guards for chill exp, till 39 probably.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-12-2020 at 07:09 PM..
Old 06-12-2020, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Very interesting, thanks for the tips ��
Old 06-15-2020, 12:14 PM
Kobold

As a twink shaman you can just melee to 45 when you switch to jbb spam.

Get a haste item and a decent weapon (exquisite velium brawl stick or the cheaper granite faced grinder) haste yourself and pet, slow the mob, and canni between swings as needed. With fungi tunic and the regen from staff you can go forever without ever stopping. No other spells are really needed but you can throw in a poison dot to speed things along if you find yourself with excess mana.

At 37 I was soloing inside the castle of mistmoore. Just past the jail there are gargoyle single pulls and a few rooms with 2-3 mobs in them. You can split those with root.

Although right now CT is probably a better option with new ZEM.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you can still do NK, sk bridge 2x guards for chill exp, till 39 probably.
3 guards. 3rd one spawns inside tower and wanders away. Will path back fairly quickly
Old 06-28-2020, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Slightly off-topic:
Do you use the AE disease line for soloing (Infectious Cloud)?
Does it even stack with the single target disease?
Old 06-28-2020, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slightly off-topic:
Do you use the AE disease line for soloing (Infectious Cloud)?
Does it even stack with the single target disease?
No, I never used it. I think every Shaman AoE is pretty much garbage to be honest, except very rarely our AoE slow. It's unfortunate really, but AoE just isn't our expertise.

Closed Thread