Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 09:27 AM
Large Bat

Question Freeport Faction with Orc Scalps

Hey all!

So, quick question. I've been in Highpass on my 43 monk, skewering orcs left and right. I am actually amiable to the HP/HK guards now, which is great, all the way up from KOS. I'm trying to get my FP Militia faction up. I already have my Knights of Truth up enough to be apprehensive (thanks to Qeynos questing), and same for Priests of Life - I don't want to damage that faction. So, scalps gave the best of everything - upping FP Militia and Corrupt guards without taking down the other two. The goal is to walk into FP and bank... like I now can in Qeynos. (Ever the friendly Iksar...)

My problem is this... I have turned in 250 scalps (meaning roughly 500 orcs). My FP Militia faction? "Threateningly."

As an Iksar monk - how many of these things do I need to turn in for this? Does anyone happen to know?
Old 10-13-2020, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Scalps are +1 point per turn in
Here is the scale.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction
Old 10-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Banned

pretty sure north freeport is a different guard faction and east / west freeport you can just run in and FD if you need to
Old 10-13-2020, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Correct: E/WFP is Freeport Militia Guards, NFP is Knights of Truth Guards
Old 10-13-2020, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah NFP guards are knights of truth, the militia is east/west if you can just invis/ignore/flop past them. I think there's some other faction issues at the NFP bank itself unrelated to the guards but with FD that isn't a problem.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:13 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the replies, all.

So I get that I can FD to the bank, but that's not what I'm aiming to do. I'm trying to adjust faction so that I can walk in - that's my ultimate goal (and I realize there are other factions to fix, but first, I need to get through the gate). Something akin to the ogre who befriended all the good race cities. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm essentially faction questing at this point, and this one is stumping me hard core. I'd love to know if anyone else has done it, and if so - how many scalps does it take? (Partially because that camp is definitely contested, though shout out to Riot who let me kill anything as they camp the idol.)

With the faction scale, I know that one to be incorrect. It has to be. I wanted to get my "scowling" with the Qeynos guards up. In one night, I killed roughly 340 gnolls. That would mean, if the faction points on the gnolls is correct - it's + 10 per kill. That would mean 3400 faction. After that night? They were threatening. Either the gnoll count for faction is wrong, or the scale itself is incorrect.

I read on the wiki that the old scale (-2000/2000) only applies to certain factions, but that it was opened up for others to be a larger window. Found it! If you check here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

And scroll down to Faction System and Levels, the quote is: "Consider USED to be capped at +2000 and -2000. It was changed at some point to handle larger values. There MAY still be specific caps associated with certain factions, but I have not found any current evidence that this is true."

This coincides with my experience with the gnolls, as with 3k experience on the old scale, I'd have been much higher than threatening (again, provided the +10 hit is accurate).
Old 10-13-2020, 11:58 PM
Large Rat

Until you fix your freeport militia faction, just use the tunnel system to get to NFP. Don't have to worry about guards (except sometimes one).
Old 10-14-2020, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

As an Iksar SK, I have the freedom to roam around Freeport, buy from the merchants and use the Bank. (I probably can't go into the Guild Class areas tho)

After doing HighPass for a while (I did Gnolls, same as Orcs I believe but never anyone camping them)

The two quests I used were.

Note_for_Rebby

What I did here was using my druid, bind behind Rebby. Run and zone to FP Docks and down to the quest giver, Hotkey the message you have to say, with the note on your cursor gate to Rebby. Give him the note and put the 'Rat Whisker' (whatever he gives you) in backpack. Then run back to quest giver. Do this many many times.

The Rat Whisker is stackable and tradeable.
When you have enough pass them to your Iksar and go turn them in. (Wolf form may be required to start with, I forget).

Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk Ill got better. (+7)
Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk got better. (+7) <- Bank & Merchants
Your faction standing with Carson McCabe got better. (+1)
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards got better. (+1)
Your faction standing with The Freeport Militia got better. (+1)

(I think at some point you can mix in the Note for Janam quest too, so you run them both at the same time, but I kept it simple with just Rebby)

Fabian's_Strings

This one is simple, Get wolf form to start, then find Fabien and give him 2gp.
Repeat till your left mouse button stops working.

Your Faction standing with League of Antonican Bards got better.
Your Faction standing with Knights of Truth got better.
Your Faction standing with Guards of Qeynos got better.
Your Faction standing with Ring of Scale got worse.
Your Faction standing with Mayong Mistmoore got worse.

If you look at the faction page on the Wiki, at the bottom are some guides. THis one is a great help:
An_Iksar's_Guide_To_Love_and_Friendship_Through_Mu rder
Last edited by Pootle; 10-14-2020 at 04:30 AM..
Old 10-14-2020, 08:01 AM
Kobold

As someone who has faction-quested a lizard necro to max ally with all the old world factions, I can assure you the kill hits are incorrect. Commons mobs usually give +1/kill. The negative hits usually start at -10 and can be much higher. The faction scale is correct as I have tested numbers from max scowling and using quests that give +1 to count thresholds.
For example just killed this dude: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shondo_Billin
4k times (yes I counted) to go from faction could not get any worse to cannot get any better.
His wiki entry showed faction as +10 per kill but it was really +1 using a 4k scale.
His entry also showed -30 to factions per kill which were tested as accurate with a 4k total scale.
Last edited by madgarin; 10-14-2020 at 08:07 AM..
Old 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Skeleton

To answer OP question: 400+ scalps. Iksar start at the very bottom of threateningly meaning 350 scalps plus monks get -50 faction mod with FP guards (according to my tests) meaning extra 50 scalps for Iksar monks.
Closed Thread