Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Orc

Default How to inspect others gear?

Ultimate noob question, but how the hell do I see the stats of items when I inspect someone??
Old 09-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Aviak

You right click and see what they are wearing. Then go to wiki.project1999.com and look it up there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2016, 04:58 PM
Orc

Oh. I thought there was a way to pull it up in game like when you right click your own gear...Woopsie daisy. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Use this command and right click people when it is on, if you are close enough to them.
It will give them a message you are inspecting them.
/toggleinspect on|off

You can see names of pieces of gear. Take screenshots or have notepad ready and type fast.
Then look the item names up online.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:01 AM
Aviak

I'm not sure if it's the same on here, but on live it used to be common courtesy to ask someone if it was okay to inspect them before actually doing it. When you inspect them, the game will tell them. It's almost as if it gives off a similar vibe when someone is trying to undress you with their eyes... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2016, 07:00 AM
Aviak

Personally, I am happy if no one asks if he is allowed to perform a right click on me, for me chatting about a non-issue is a bit awkward.

To be honest I cant really wrap my head around how anyone can consider this to be rude - in a game... (And we all know we are just playing a game, right?) :-)

If I right click on my items to eat or drink the people in game around me receives a text message also, I would never think of asking around if its OK to eat or drink in their vicinity or while we talk.

There are plenty of examples if I think about ht, how about someone not asking if it is ok to cast bright light or a spell with a loud "boom" while I sit and try to med?

Or not asking if its ok to sit and med on a spot where someone else sat a few seconds ago but just stood up for loot. (happens a lot on my troll as my sitting space is huge)

Hehe.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

I always looked at it as a compliment when someone inspected me, they were curious , they cared enough to actually look lol. Or on the other hand, if your sucking in group they might inspect you and see why you might be sucking I.e not the best gear or stuff lol. (Never the case for me) hah
Old 10-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

You can also ask the person to link a particular piece or ask what they're wearing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if it's the same on here, but on live it used to be common courtesy to ask someone if it was okay to inspect them before actually doing it. When you inspect them, the game will tell them. It's almost as if it gives off a similar vibe when someone is trying to undress you with their eyes... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This used to bug me when I started on Live. Being able to disable the message that let me know would have been the quickest fix. In any event, I got used to it over time and I consider it a non-issue for anyone inspecting me at this point. I turn off my own inspection ability by default, but it's as much to avoid getting stuck in error for a moment than anything else. I still tend to ask first but I think it'd be better if we all just agreed it was a bad way to implement a useful game mechanic and moved along.
Closed Thread