Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default Decode this, follow the clues, and win my cloak of flames and fungi tunic

It has been a long time since I've played here, over a year, and I don't think I will be playing again. And if I do play again, I'll want to start over. I cherish the time I spent on P99. My experience here surpassed anything I did on live, and were among my best moments in gaming. This community is truly something special, a snapshot of something which simply does not exist in gaming anymore outside of this box. Thank you, staff, for creating such an amazing experience for so many of us.

Now, if you doubt whether this thread is for real, I'll direct you to the last time I quit. I'm not Diggles, I will be giving this stuff away to any who manage to find it.

Decode this message. Follow the clues. Find my in-game character (use your forum sleuthing), and speak the phrase.

REE YNELA AA FHD BAB BAA ABA ECA NWKTO MVDYA BC A HCBW RQB BFA SM HCBW A CCC LVY

The first person to complete this will receive the cloak of flames and fungi tunic. If there are some close runners-up, I might give some consolation stuff. I will post in this thread and notify you if someone completes it.
Last edited by Lune; 10-09-2016 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: Code changed
Old 10-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Banned

I hope you stay on forumquest.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

This looks fun. I have no idea what the code is. I hope you stick around and keep posting things here; I always enjoyed reading your posts.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Aviak

Well dang, I give up. I thought the code might have something to do with an Iksar Trooper who shares the same name as one of your characters but I can't find any link.

Then I thought maybe one of the characters, who has a name that's fairly similar to a bald Saiya-Jin, might have said some kind of phrase but it doesn't seem so.

Then I thought maybe the code was tied to one of the phrases that one of your older characters said during his crusade in one of the RP posts, but I still can't find anything.

You've completely stumped me! Thanks for the post Lune, I look forward to hearing the answer, and I also hope you eventually come back to play on P1999 once again. It looks like you'll be missed by many.
Last edited by seanidor; 10-09-2016 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: I suck at spelling
Old 10-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well dang, I give up. I thought the code might have something to do with an Iksar Trooper who shares the same name as one of your characters but I can't find any link.

Then I thought maybe one of the characters, who has a name that's fairly similar to a bald Saiya-Jin, might have said some kind of phrase but it doesn't seem so.

Then I thought maybe the code was tied to one of the phrases that one of your older characters said during his crusade in one of the RP posts, but I still can't find anything.

You've completely stumped me! Thanks for the post Lune, I look forward to hearing the answer, and I also hope you eventually come back to play on P1999 once again. It looks like you'll be missed by many.
Finding my character is really just for the last step when you find the place to pick up the items, has no bearing on the code. Nothing you can find about me will help you decode it.

If nobody gets it in a few days I might post a hint or add items. But I definitely think someone can figure it out before then, it's not that bad
Old 10-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Will it be a place anyone can reach? I'm only level 16 but I kind of want to start looking.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Banned

Pm sent
Old 10-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

effort...
Old 10-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Banned

I can't solve your cryptogram, but I would guess it says something about 'Your chance to win free CoF/AoN'

just seems like the Lune thing to make a puzzle of
Old 10-09-2016, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Somebody has decoded the message, but seems to be caught up on the next part.

So I'm going to drop a hint and see if maybe we can get some more people in before I go to bed.

A = 1
B = 2
Z = 8

If it doesn't happen tonight, I will 'spawn' again tomorrow and there will be another window.
Last edited by Lune; 10-09-2016 at 11:47 PM..
Closed Thread