Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 07:23 PM
Kobold

Stonebrunt
Old 08-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Banned

What is the earliest level a druid could go to Chardok and charm in a group setting?

I think my druid is 52 or 53. No interest in binding in bear pits and I loathe quadding. Tough to find a group in KC, most people stick their noses up.

Been charming bats in solB and trying to team up w/ monks. Its pretty solid.

Maybe I should go check out CoM and root rot there or team up w/ a necro?
Last edited by kjs86z; 08-19-2019 at 02:00 PM..
Old 08-20-2019, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Cast illusion ranger and pull / cc adds otw in. A decent group in KC should tear thru mobs so there is barely time for puller to melee or med so no one should care.

Charm a caller of sathir pet to get some laughs (the caller has to die before the pet to achieve this). Try get in group through a successful charisma check! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd take a Druid in a KC group, especially if they knew how to assist pulls with harmony. Bodyguards is much easier split that way! If you have a monk in group they'd appreciate it. I think using the backroom of lcy is in range to cast harmony through the ceiling so you don't need to go too far if just on assist. Likewise with hands room through the floor.

For me, a Druid is always welcome in a group, especially if we don't already have a damage shield or regen from other sources. What amuses me is how everyone spends so much effort over attaining tiny stat increments but will click off wolf form despite its huge attack buff!
Old 08-20-2019, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Default Shaman / Druid root rot comparison.

The shaman epic makes this ridiculously easy because it’s a 1.5 minute time and the damage increases towards completion making it obvious when you need to reapply spells and roots. Without addons it’s trivial to root rot 6-8 mobs at once reapplying root when you redot. And doing multiple mobs at once is where the efficiency comes in that makes this more viable than quadding or charming.

No canni: I couldn’t imagine trying to catch med ticks between casts of epic, arms, or root and the simple truth is being able to root root multiple mobs non stop without numerous or extended mana breaks is what makes this strategy worthwhile. Comparatively, it’s trivial to throw a canni in between every cast as if you’re rotting 4+ mobs there are really just too many required clicks per minute to led effectively.

No malo line:
Yes druids get the MR debuff for animals but as is the problem with finding viable charm targets, there just aren’t that many animals around in dungeons. And while not as essential to a root rot, a shamans ability to preemptively toss a mr debuff on pull basically equates to root never breaking. This allows a shaman to root rot multiple mobs in tight quarters with far less fear of danger.

What does this look like altogether? I did half of 59 in about 8hours at the neriak ogres camp solo on my shaman and it was about the easiest experience I had found until that point. Pull with malosini (because they have higher MR), drag to a safe spot, root, dot, dot, reroot, pull next and keep going. The damage on my dot doubled as a timer. For basically the entire time I was there I had a ogre dying essentially every 1.5-2 minutes. I never had to stop pulling.

Conclusion:
Is this possible on a Druid? Probably? Maybe? I think to approach the same efficiency that shaman get out of the box you’d need a host of addons to keep track of timers and then I worry you run into mana problems or would need to stop after having to waste too much mana healing yourself from root break damage. Alternatively, you could charm or quads and approach the same exp far easier.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling post. I have an epic Druid in the mid50s and my response turned into a thought experiment as to exactly how far you could take Druid root rotting and the potential differences / downsides. Between easy ports to CS for random quadding and gates back to the bear pits unless I was planning on going somewhere like Chardok to charm dogs in a group I couldn’t justify other means of exping
Old 08-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The shaman epic makes this ridiculously easy because it’s a 1.5 minute time and the damage increases towards completion making it obvious when you need to reapply spells and roots. Without addons it’s trivial to root rot 6-8 mobs at once reapplying root when you redot. And doing multiple mobs at once is where the efficiency comes in that makes this more viable than quadding or charming.

No canni: I couldn’t imagine trying to catch med ticks between casts of epic, arms, or root and the simple truth is being able to root root multiple mobs non stop without numerous or extended mana breaks is what makes this strategy worthwhile. Comparatively, it’s trivial to throw a canni in between every cast as if you’re rotting 4+ mobs there are really just too many required clicks per minute to led effectively.

No malo line:
Yes druids get the MR debuff for animals but as is the problem with finding viable charm targets, there just aren’t that many animals around in dungeons. And while not as essential to a root rot, a shamans ability to preemptively toss a mr debuff on pull basically equates to root never breaking. This allows a shaman to root rot multiple mobs in tight quarters with far less fear of danger.

What does this look like altogether? I did half of 59 in about 8hours at the neriak ogres camp solo on my shaman and it was about the easiest experience I had found until that point. Pull with malosini (because they have higher MR), drag to a safe spot, root, dot, dot, reroot, pull next and keep going. The damage on my dot doubled as a timer. For basically the entire time I was there I had a ogre dying essentially every 1.5-2 minutes. I never had to stop pulling.

Conclusion:
Is this possible on a Druid? Probably? Maybe? I think to approach the same efficiency that shaman get out of the box you’d need a host of addons to keep track of timers and then I worry you run into mana problems or would need to stop after having to waste too much mana healing yourself from root break damage. Alternatively, you could charm or quads and approach the same exp far easier.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling post. I have an epic Druid in the mid50s and my response turned into a thought experiment as to exactly how far you could take Druid root rotting and the potential differences / downsides. Between easy ports to CS for random quadding and gates back to the bear pits unless I was planning on going somewhere like Chardok to charm dogs in a group I couldn’t justify other means of exping
Druid root rotting is not the same as shaman root rotting. Like you said, druids don't have the insane mana regen or -mr line that shaman do. Instead, druids have snare and harmony for control, along with 2 clicky sources of damage and 1 clicky heal (from velious BP). You have to tailor your exp sessions to the class strengths. Druids need more room to do this with 4-8 mobs, so that leaves out lots of dungeons that shaman can easily do.

I would much rather find other places to exp and loot than sit in perma fighting with 9000 other druids for a camp, or quad the same stuff again and again for 10 levels. Rotting 4-8 mobs is soooo much more efficient than quadding. By the time you have snare 4 mobs, roped them together, burn them down, then med up you could have rotted twice that number in an outdoor dungeon for better exp and have mana ready for the next pull.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid root rotting is not the same as shaman root rotting. Like you said, druids don't have the insane mana regen or -mr line that shaman do. Instead, druids have snare and harmony for control, along with 2 clicky sources of damage and 1 clicky heal (from velious BP). You have to tailor your exp sessions to the class strengths. Druids need more room to do this with 4-8 mobs, so that leaves out lots of dungeons that shaman can easily do.

I would much rather find other places to exp and loot than sit in perma fighting with 9000 other druids for a camp, or quad the same stuff again and again for 10 levels. Rotting 4-8 mobs is soooo much more efficient than quadding. By the time you have snare 4 mobs, roped them together, burn them down, then med up you could have rotted twice that number in an outdoor dungeon for better exp and have mana ready for the next pull.

Is it though? I’d like to examine the numbers on this. It seems to me from my experience that between 3-4 roots per mob @ 10 minutes a killed youre bleeding mana and have to stop to med. Assuming you never had to stop (like shaman) you’d come out on top of quadding and charming but otherwise you slowly lose ground.

Also ZEM.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Also with a 9 second cast time and 1 minute duration you’re only rotting 6 mobs before you’re literally spending the entire duration refreshing arm click. With with root and epic clicks also 4-5 mobs seems to approach the outer limit before you suffer a 50% DPS loss.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

I believe more people are going to say that quadding or charming is way better than rooting because after level 50, there is very minimal to even root/rot.

Also I have never seen a root last the full 3 minutes on any level 50+ mob anyway so you are always having to recast root... Druids root sucks...
Old 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quadding is significantly more mana efficient and this faster xp than root rot. Additionally it allows for more afk down time to do other things.

This assumes you can find a good place to quad kite that isn’t already camped. Finding a place to quad can be frustrating.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-21-2019, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quadding is significantly more mana efficient and this faster xp than root rot. Additionally it allows for more afk down time to do other things.

This assumes you can find a good place to quad kite that isn’t already camped. Finding a place to quad can be frustrating.
This is why my Druid is stuck at 52. Every time I try and get wyverns in CS it's camped. I ended up selling my lumi staff and buying jboots for my necro. I'd love to polish off Druid, but I am not sure I wanna buy a lumi staff again since it drops off around 52 and I am having trouble finding locations to quad.
Closed Thread