Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 04:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Absolutly New (Never played EQ EVER!)

So I was watching YouTube videos on project 1999 and decided to give the server a try. I have NEVER played EQ1 or 2. I noticed that most You Tubers had custom UIs, that look completely different from the in game UI that I currently have. I was just wondering what are some essential mods, for project 1999. In particular I'm looking for a better UI (the original is just a little to bland) , and maybe even a 1920x1080 resolution mod. Any info would be greatly appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Search this forum for duxaui. That's what I use. It works pretty well and is much better than the default UI.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

This.

DuxaUI is pretty much the only "mod" you will need.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Also look under the Technical Discussion tab for the QQUI, it is another nice one.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

The one issue I have with DuxaUI is that its target window is transparent, and target names are white; so if you are in the snow (Veeeeeliooooous) you sometimes can't see who you're targeting without turning your character to place the target window on a dark background. I heard of a UI with a nice big target window with a background. It might have been QQUI.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

I use DUxaUI. I'll never look at anything else. It's perfect.

Never had that issue with the snow and the target window.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:27 AM
Aviak

A 1920x1080 resolution mod? Hmm, that's kinda something that I've kind of been hoping for too. Well, it's more like I just wish I could enlarge some parts of the UI. Is there any easy way to just go into the xml files and change a number to make some of the stuff scale to twice the size?
Old 10-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one issue I have with DuxaUI is that its target window is transparent, and target names are white; so if you are in the snow (Veeeeeliooooous) you sometimes can't see who you're targeting without turning your character to place the target window on a dark background. I heard of a UI with a nice big target window with a background. It might have been QQUI.
What I do for this issue is I make a very small chat window and place it behind the target window.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I like qqui myself. a more advanced version of the transparent Velious UI
Old 10-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 1920x1080 resolution mod? Hmm, that's kinda something that I've kind of been hoping for too. Well, it's more like I just wish I could enlarge some parts of the UI. Is there any easy way to just go into the xml files and change a number to make some of the stuff scale to twice the size?
I play DuxaUI on 1920x1080. No regrets! I just change the text size by typing /Chatfontsize 1-5 with 5 being the largest.
Closed Thread