Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not very important afaik. Saves mana from casting haste, greats stats and looks awesome.
This. So hard for what you get, would not recommend it unless you want to sock 2 mobs or pay that dude to do it for you.

I have no idea why they gave enchanters a better haste(vog) in kunark than their actual epic haste.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How important is chanter epic for farming? It seems like a real pain to get
its of zero importance aside from the great stats
Old 07-22-2019, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

As most have already said it is enchanter by far. You will die a lot more but have access to some great cash camps that either aren’t very difficult or have very easy corpse runs (BM comes to mind). My enchanter has been used to pretty much exclusively fund alts and has less than 30k in gear (excluding spells) and I can’t think of any cash camps I can’t solo that a decked out enchanter can.

Epic isn’t necessary but haste does eat a decent amount of mana on pets. Gets better with VoG though given long duration.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Ranger
Old 07-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. So hard for what you get, would not recommend it unless you want to sock 2 mobs or pay that dude to do it for you.

I have no idea why they gave enchanters a better haste(vog) in kunark than their actual epic haste.
Visions of Grandeur
Increase Attack Speed by 58%
2 : Increase AGI by 40
3 : Increase DEX by 25
4 : Increase ATK by 20

Speed of Shissar
Increase Attack Speed by 66%
2 : Increase AGI by 40
5 : Decrease Stamina Loss by 3
6 : Increase AC by 12

Define "Better", when the vast majority of the server does not have a 41% Haste item to benefit from the 8% post-cap delta in additive haste that one can only get with a haste item of 40/41%?

With the vast majority of the server having equal to or less than 34% worn haste, 20 attack is certainly not "better" than 8% additional haste unless they are consistently getting V2 haste from a bard in group to make up for the deficiency of not having a 40/41% haste item from TOV raiding.

Proof:

1/1.92 = 0.5208333 multiplier on the time of your dly
1/2.00 = 0.5000000 multiplier on the time of your dly

1 - (0.5/0.520833) = 4.00% net delay reduction.

For Warrior: Typical attack rating using frostbringer mainhand is 1100

So you're saying a less than 2% increase to attack rating > a more than 4% net increase to the number of swings per minute on top of SOS being better suited for tanking statwise?
Last edited by Thorondor; 07-23-2019 at 12:40 PM..
Old 07-23-2019, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Whatever you decide slide 5k my way so I can fund my Jboots lmao
Old 07-23-2019, 07:05 PM
Aviak

Enchanters can get to more camps without assistance and can solo nearly everything shamans can. Plus, shamans can’t break a lot of the camps an enchanter could. You make an enchanter to find your shaman lol.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanter farming is cheaper but way more stressful, yes.
This is really the only argument for Shaman: we don't have to deal with pet breaks. Our (tough) fights might take longer (several times as long in fact), but as long as we reslow frequently they're pretty much safe the entire time. In contrast, literally every second of every Enchanter fight there's a (small) chance for things to go sideways ... but again, those fights do finish a lot faster.

Despite this, given the fact that (as others have already said) Shaman need about 160k just to do what Enchanters can do while wearing some cheap silk, Enchanter is almost certainly the right choice for the OP.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread