Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

I roll with regular old root
<The Second Sons>
Old 12-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Sarnak

Might go without saying, but keep in mind that the GCD refresh can actually screw you up if you use it with something that has a longer refresh/shorter cast time and the spell isn't actually ready to be cast again by the time it lands.

This is the case with some mezzes, and you'll end up getting the message that the spell isn't ready to be cast, and you'll have to recast. In the end, you'll end up taking more time than if you had never used the clicky in the first place.

tl;dr: GCD refreshes are most successful with short refresh/long cast time spells, and can even cause problems with spells that don't fit this category
Old 12-16-2018, 04:13 AM
Banned

I don't think the spell slot 1 really matters.. Maybe im wrong
MY spell set up usually consists of (Unless im in pom)
Tash
Dazzle (yes.. Dazzle so i don't have to keep fkkin with it)
Allure or Boltrans
Skew
Slant
Bedlam
Slow
Theft of thought

I might switch out dazzle for rapture depending on which camp im soloing
Switch allure for boltrans in most cases for the faster recharm
Both stuns to stop casts or in the case one stun gets resisted
Root imo is a waste of a spell slot
Theft of thought can be switched out if theres no caster mobs otherwise keep it for less downtime
Blanket of forgetfulness is good to keep there too in some cases (PoM, or soloing a big mob to clear aggro so pet can pick aggro back up in the case of a break )
For the most part i usually always have tash up since i pull with it, and usually always cast it on a mob b4 i even attempt to charm,mez it.
Spells i alternate out -> Feedback, Boon (for pet )

My set up is different then most enchanters.. But most enchanters haven't soloed some of the shit i have so to each his own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Xaeophi; 12-16-2018 at 04:16 AM..
Old 12-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

I usually use it as my swap slot. Being able to mem a spell, reset your GCD, and instantly cast it is saves you the 2 seconds required for the gem to refresh is really powerful.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think the spell slot 1 really matters.. Maybe im wrong
MY spell set up usually consists of (Unless im in pom)
Tash
Dazzle (yes.. Dazzle so i don't have to keep fkkin with it)
Allure or Boltrans
Skew
Slant
Bedlam
Slow
Theft of thought

I might switch out dazzle for rapture depending on which camp im soloing
Switch allure for boltrans in most cases for the faster recharm
Both stuns to stop casts or in the case one stun gets resisted
Root imo is a waste of a spell slot
Theft of thought can be switched out if theres no caster mobs otherwise keep it for less downtime
Blanket of forgetfulness is good to keep there too in some cases (PoM, or soloing a big mob to clear aggro so pet can pick aggro back up in the case of a break )
For the most part i usually always have tash up since i pull with it, and usually always cast it on a mob b4 i even attempt to charm,mez it.
Spells i alternate out -> Feedback, Boon (for pet )

My set up is different then most enchanters.. But most enchanters haven't soloed some of the shit i have so to each his own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like Entrance > Dazzle, but also often swap to Rapture if it makes sense.

I use Boltran’s almost exclusively. It’s rare that I have mana issues these days, and the fast cast time of Boltran’s means I don’t have to mez a broken pet with the right stuns.

I blanket early and often. It’s rare that a blanket is a bad call when actively engaged with a mob IMO.

I prefer Winds over single target Tash. If I have multiple mobs coming at me, it’s imperative that I have the best shot possible at stunning them, and I generally don’t care about getting tashed myself.

I also keep fascinate up most of the time (again, an “oh shit” button) unless I am only dealing with singles.

Root becomes useless when dealing with summoning mobs regularly, but is the best CC available a lot of times when xping with non-summoners.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Do enchanters have spells they would really want to spam back to back? I don't play much enchanter, but GCD slot 1 refresh is great when I really want or need to burn something down on my wizard. Saves that 2 secs in between waiting if it was any other slot.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do enchanters have spells they would really want to spam back to back? I don't play much enchanter, but GCD slot 1 refresh is great when I really want or need to burn something down on my wizard. Saves that 2 secs in between waiting if it was any other slot.
The biggest boon to an enchanter is being able to use it as a swap spot and cut off a few seconds between casts. For example, Shield of the Magi could be cast instantly after being memmed in slot 1.

Bedlam can be cast and on you in 12 seconds instead of 15-16.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Orc

A big thing I could see using root in spell slot one would be say someone pulls like 5 mobs or something you do AE Mez then you can spam Root on all of them back to back really fast. Can save you from getting smacked up from aggro from the Mezzing...
Old 12-16-2018, 01:31 PM
Orc

oh and Xaeophi, read the first few posts from the thread to clear up why spell slot #1 is important lol...
Old 12-16-2018, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Root casts fast and is cheap. Very useful oh-shit cc and gets a ton of use almost every encounter when solo/small group
<The Second Sons>
Closed Thread