Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 06:13 AM
Kobold

Default Warrior non hate weapons.

I'm not even going to say what I am using right now, but I'll just say that they cost less than 800p combined. What are some good suggestions to spend my hard earned big boy points on for some deeps while I'm playing rogue jr? I have around 10k to spend, but I don't need to spend it all and I don't care about fashion quest either. I have some ideas, like exquisite weapons and Winters Fury, but I'd like other ideas and feedback. Thanks ahead of time for your wisdom! Cheers!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

I think about 16k. What I paid for mine a few months ago.

My problem with the Exquisites is they cost like 8x what a 30/36 does. If going that route I’d just rock a Staff of Battle for like 500p and give up a bit of dps.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Banned

I use a staff of battle for dps on my 55 Warrior still.. I sometimes use a Wurmy/Balanced velium warsword too.. Staff of battle and my wurmy.. 2 weapons i just can't seem to get rid of haha.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

2-handers and slower 1-handers without procs are your best bets for dps weapons. As Femm said, Staff of Battle is a great option and is really cheap compared to others around the same ratio. If you don't care about fashionquest, stay away from velium weapons or anything that drops from a dragon that costs way more than it should.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:46 PM
Kobold

I was hoping for some fancy answer I've never heard, but I guess Staff of Battle is the best I can do unless I want to spend some serious plat.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

You can do the math per your level (damage bonus) to see if say a Seb Croaking Dirk/Winter's Fury would outdamage a Staff of Battle. I'm sure later in the high 50's it would be close but for duo/solo work I still think a fairly slow 2h is going to shine even if less consistent.

The real question is per your level if 10k worth of duel-wielding is going to out-dmg a 500p stick.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn’t worry about it that much. You’re going to spend the majority of your time tanking and therefore (hopefully at least for the sake of your group) using your aggro weapons. Having a good dps setup is more important for on raids. By the time you reach that level of play you’ll have access to raid 2handers.

Until then staff of battle is sufficient.

For now I’d invest in untility gear and 34% or higher haste (if you don’t already have). 2x blood points, snare whip, truncheon of doom.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-24-2018, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

I think an etched velium warhammer (11/20) and crafted velium warsword (10/18) are pretty nice for dps if you're looking to buy. The hammer is like 3.5k and the warsword goes for somewhere around 6k so kinda in your price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use a staff of battle for dps on my 55 Warrior still.. I sometimes use a Wurmy/Balanced velium warsword too.. Staff of battle and my wurmy.. 2 weapons i just can't seem to get rid of haha.
This. There's no reason to spend anything more if you don't have hundreds of thousands of platinum laying around.

Price per performance, nothing beats Staff of Battle.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:34 AM
Fire Giant

Gnoll Hide Lariats...do it!