Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2020, 09:17 PM
Aviak

Default Lets make green raiding classic!

So, this is going into RnF as it will likely be ignored because the zerg guild wont wanna do anything to remotely help smaller guilds.

Anyways, I'd like to offer the whole server a classic experience! To do this, I purpose that at any and all raid targets that any mobs your guild (or known associates given people who are willing to de-guild if this was to be enforced) gains agro on, it must be killed by or wiped your guild. Kiting a train at any point to leap frog or steal a mob should be completely removed from the game.

On live, GMs were really hardcore about train kiting and really disallowed it. As it was stated to me by GMs on live, any mobs you get agro on, you as the player (on this server the guild too), you the player (on this server the guild too) are responsible for what happened with it until it gets back to its spawn point or spawn path.

Watching a zerg guild with 100 players and 20 of them are focusing on the kite while the other 80 are killing the raid target simply because they have the numbers and the people to kite it is NOT classic. Tactics like this were not thing on live I'm almost certain given the 2 or 3 raids i attended that took hours to kill the dragon.

Lets put effort into making it classic raiding and not train kite and zerg the mob before the mobs reset (basically placing a train in the way of the raid mob after your guild rushes in behind the train kiter. This sort of thing will only get worse as time goes on for the life of green. Everyone know the timers, locations, strats, pathing, there isnt anything that completely new here. Lets make gaining mass agro and train kiting and using that same train as a fail safe to train the other guild(s) if their guild loses FTE 100% illegal!!!