Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What am I doing wrong where I get this Reddit spacing on a single line break?

This looks like a single space in the Editor but will be doublespace when I post it.
Strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol never met anybody else that uses asdf until now i guess

Got it from playing shooters like quake, counterstrike, etc. also home row typing etc. Don't have to move my fingers when I go to type messages.

Seen some criticism of it in here and will just put to rest. My fingers do not tire out faster just because forward key isn't on the top row, its never been an issue but my middle finger also isn't an inch longer than my index.. maybe 2 millimeters? idk but never been a problem.

Strafe running is still easy and no problem. I pretty much went to asdf like the first day of my gaming life. WASD was just so weird to me, didn't like the feeling of my pinky just floating around or sitting on the caps lock key. Switched my settings to asdf and never went back.
Yeah my fingers pretty strong and healthy after decades of typing and stuff. Mine are of a similar length as well!
Old 11-15-2020, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Switched to sdfg for pinky jousting on a for auto attack: )

Still basically asdf but I move my finger to g for backpeddling.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:54 PM
Large Rat

I honestly played asdf for movement from like late 90s to just last year. Wasd caused my hand to cramp. Finally forced myself back to wasd as I got tired of key swapping every game I played. Got use to it in a week or so.
Closed Thread