Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 03:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks all, I appreciate the responses. Leaning towards blue based on the fact that I don't think realistically I have a chance at something like Sleeper loot, or being in a competitive guild. Laid back and easier access to decent gear sounds more my speed. Will probably mess around on both a bit until my RL group can join me.

Thanks again!
Old 11-20-2020, 09:05 PM
Large Bat

Did they ever confirm if green will eventually merge into blue? Just curious because if it does eventually merge, blue is the obvious choice for casuals. Take advantage of the economy while everything is more affordable if we all are ending up in the same place anyways.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

If I was starting now I would play blue, green is full of toxic azz hats trolling everything in site. Stay far, far away for the love of god. If i could move all my characters I would from green to blue I would.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Green will be a lot more active for leveling - Blue is mainly all level 60s doing end game stuff.

Green would be my recommendation for anyone starting new
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Kobold

Green if you like rusty weapons.

Blue if you like cheap or free shinnies.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green will be a lot more active for leveling - Blue is mainly all level 60s doing end game stuff.

Green would be my recommendation for anyone starting new
90% of those 60's do end game stuff about 15% of the week and the rest of the time they're leveling alts.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Blue if you DO NOT care about experiencing Kunark while it's "Current" (I.e. now) and if you don't want to see Velious at launch.
Blue already has all of that and you can go dabble to your hearts content, maybe pick up some nice cheap twink loot from a heavily saturated economy.

Ultimately I think green is ending up like blue, merged, or run in parallel - then "Green" recycles...

This is just a guess, though.

Green feels very active and I thoroughly enjoy it, except for the PetitionQuest which is prevalent in all forms of endgame... Looking at my guild (Seal Team), and the other big guilds on the box.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks all, I appreciate the responses. Leaning towards blue based on the fact that I don't think realistically I have a chance at something like Sleeper loot, or being in a competitive guild. Laid back and easier access to decent gear sounds more my speed. Will probably mess around on both a bit until my RL group can join me.

Thanks again!
Absolutely check both out since you are in a position to do so, but it might be hard to get a feel without leveling up past 20 or 30.

The biggest difference now is simply population. If you like pick up groups there's just more of them across all level ranges on green. But there's also steep crowding 50+ right now.

If you are ok getting to 40+ with just your crew or soloing then you won't mind blue and might prefer it. There is grouping on blue too, and if you seek out people you might find them willing to join you. Its not all PL'ing but it is a lot of twinked soloing prior to 40+.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:24 PM
Kobold

I've prepared my accounts on Green and Blue incase of an eventual merger. If I have 6 characters on one Blue account I'll have only 2 on the same account on Green and none of my major character names were copied. Having said that, I'm having my doubts about an eventual merger. There are so many people playing characters with the same name on both servers. Are we going to have a bunch of people with x added to a character? I think the higher ups should have mentioned hey don't use the same name as your level 60 character on Blue just incase we do merge.

Praise Amun!
Closed Thread