Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Large Rat

Default Character Names Policy on blue and green

As mentioned by Nilbog in his post introducing Project 1999: Green. "You will not be able to create a character on Green with the same name as a character on Blue, unless you are on the same account that owns that character on Blue."

I am wondering if the opposite was true and I will explain why.
I remember one year ago, I try to "reserve" some character names on blue before the launch of green just to have a chance to reuse these names on green. Of course, a lot of character names were rejected on blue because they were not available or they did not meet the policy I guess.

During launch of green, by curiosity I try these names rejected on blue just like that, and for few of them they were not rejected on green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. It catches of course my attention.

So I try today to create them on blue and they are again rejected [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Any idea ?
Old 11-18-2020, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

The names are already in use on blue seems the logical explanation. In 10 years a *lot* of characters have been created and abandoned / banned.

As for them briefly working on green - there were some issues with the name DBs not syncing during launch.

-Mcoy
Old 11-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Large Rat

Indeed, just delete this character on green and it's rejected also on green now. I guess it's fixed.
Closed Thread