Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will you take the coronavirus vaccine?
Yes, Absolutely. I cannot wait for it. 24 43.64%
Maybe, I am reluctant but scared of covid 10 18.18%
Not likely, I dont think i need it 10 18.18%
Never, I dont take vaccines. 7 12.73%
I cant it reacts with my hormone pills 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

If bristlebane handed me the vaccine as an AOE buff, I would cast it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're the one demanding natural, if you know just tell me what that means. I'm trying to learn stuff!

E: it sounded like you're talking About ingredients
he's talkn bout mrna vaccine vs mashed-up-virus vaccine. mRNA vaccine is basically gene therapy, aka they infect you with a virus which writes DNA into your cells. CLassical vaccines were just "attenuated viral agent", aka take virus and smash it up so it doesn't work right, but your body learns to recognize the various surfaces of the smashed virus and builds an immune response that prepares it for encountering active virons.

to explain the alternative to classical vaccines -- we are capable of using these viruses we found in the wild and reprogrammed to recognize a string of DNA and insert whatever string we want before/after it -- that's how gene therapy is done. I'm not sure exactly what DNA we add to make for immunity, but I bet we just add the right string to the sequences that encode for our immunoglobin's recognition factors (not actual terminology) which causes our immune response to recognize some common pattern on the coronavirus surface. To explain that: so, we have these immunoglobin proteins that basically spawn out and recognize various surfaces. It's a lock and key thing; if the lock of the immunoglobin fits the key of the encoded surface, then they bind together and the immunoglobin is triggered by that to murder the thing which bound to it. So we just take the "lock" sequence we either engineered or more likely extracted from a person with a developed immune response, and encode it into our immune system with gene therapy, and then we have an immune reponse ready for COVID without ever being exposed either to COVID or attenuated COVID.

This scares people because you're messing with their genome. These people probably don't understand how malleable their genome is. But it's probably safer than giving people boiled COVID. When you hear about people developing the flu from flu vaccine, it's because the virus in the vaccine was not properly killed. This approach removes all that. ANd I think will be the first instance of mass gene therapy, which as we all know made Snake very bad ass.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 11-24-2020 at 09:11 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Why do i need a covid vaccine? When green launched I farmed like 15 of these

https://wiki.project1999.com/Thex_Dagger
Old 11-25-2020, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he's talkn bout mrna vaccine vs mashed-up-virus vaccine. mRNA vaccine is basically gene therapy, aka they infect you with a virus which writes DNA into your cells. CLassical vaccines were just "attenuated viral agent", aka take virus and smash it up so it doesn't work right, but your body learns to recognize the various surfaces of the smashed virus and builds an immune response that prepares it for encountering active virons.

to explain the alternative to classical vaccines -- we are capable of using these viruses we found in the wild and reprogrammed to recognize a string of DNA and insert whatever string we want before/after it -- that's how gene therapy is done. I'm not sure exactly what DNA we add to make for immunity, but I bet we just add the right string to the sequences that encode for our immunoglobin's recognition factors (not actual terminology) which causes our immune response to recognize some common pattern on the coronavirus surface. To explain that: so, we have these immunoglobin proteins that basically spawn out and recognize various surfaces. It's a lock and key thing; if the lock of the immunoglobin fits the key of the encoded surface, then they bind together and the immunoglobin is triggered by that to murder the thing which bound to it. So we just take the "lock" sequence we either engineered or more likely extracted from a person with a developed immune response, and encode it into our immune system with gene therapy, and then we have an immune reponse ready for COVID without ever being exposed either to COVID or attenuated COVID.

This scares people because you're messing with their genome. These people probably don't understand how malleable their genome is. But it's probably safer than giving people boiled COVID. When you hear about people developing the flu from flu vaccine, it's because the virus in the vaccine was not properly killed. This approach removes all that. ANd I think will be the first instance of mass gene therapy, which as we all know made Snake very bad ass.
That's close to how it works but not quite. mRNA vaccines don't permanently or even temporarily change the genome of anything-- they don't touch the genome. Cells use mRNA, which is transcripted as a 'copy' of a section of your genome, to encode the production of proteins elsewhere in the cell. Like if you think of a cell like a corporation that has a headquarters and a factory, your DNA is in the headquarters, which writes mRNA mail to send to the factory across town in the endoplasmic reticulum, which uses the mRNA directions to build a protein.

mRNA vaccines simply insert those directions directly into the cell, which takes them and makes them into immunity-significant pieces of the virus, which the cell then excretes. Those pieces get picked up by your immune system which recognizes--and destroys-- them when they show up again in the form of covid.

mRNA vaccines have a potential safety advantage in that they don't actually use any form of viable virus at all-- it is impossible for anyone to get infected with anything through the use of one. It is also cheaper and more efficient to mass produce. The downsides are that it is difficult and costly to transport and store because the mRNA is very fragile. We've also never mass produced and mass vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine before, but it's extremely cutting edge, and is thought to produce superior protection more safely than the traditional viral vector vaccines developed by Russia and China. But given the novelty we simply haven't seen how things pan out long term (multiple years). Still better than risking it tangling with covid as long as they finish out the phase III trials.
Last edited by Lune; 11-25-2020 at 12:55 AM..
Old 11-25-2020, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

PS don't get the Astrazeneca vaccine. They fucked up their trial. They don't actually have 90% efficacy in their intervention group, it's only 64%. The 90% comes from a subset of 2,000 individuals in which their medical team in Brazil (lol) accidentally gave participants a smaller initial dose.

For whatever reason the media isn't really picking up on this.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's close to how it works but not quite. mRNA vaccines don't permanently or even temporarily change the genome of anything-- they don't touch the genome. Cells use mRNA, which is transcripted as a 'copy' of a section of your genome, to encode the production of proteins elsewhere in the cell. Like if you think of a cell like a corporation that has a headquarters and a factory, your DNA is in the headquarters, which writes mRNA mail to send to the factory across town in the endoplasmic reticulum, which uses the mRNA directions to build a protein.

mRNA vaccines simply insert those directions directly into the cell, which takes them and makes them into immunity-significant pieces of the virus, which the cell then excretes. Those pieces get picked up by your immune system which recognizes--and destroys-- them when they show up again in the form of covid.

mRNA vaccines have a potential safety advantage in that they don't actually use any form of viable virus at all-- it is impossible for anyone to get infected with anything through the use of one. It is also cheaper and more efficient to mass produce. The downsides are that it is difficult and costly to transport and store because the mRNA is very fragile. We've also never mass produced and mass vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine before, but it's extremely cutting edge, and is thought to produce superior protection more safely than the traditional viral vector vaccines developed by Russia and China. But given the novelty we simply haven't seen how things pan out long term (multiple years). Still better than risking it tangling with covid as long as they finish out the phase III trials.
this sounds mostly right but -- how do you account for the durability of the vaccination if nothing is encoded permanently? where's the perma change? I thought the mRNA was used for the dna polymerase to transcribe into DNA in this case, not for it to be made into a protein ^^
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 11-25-2020 at 03:12 AM..
Old 11-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this sounds mostly right but -- how do you account for the durability of the vaccination if nothing is encoded permanently? where's the perma change? I thought the mRNA was used for the dna polymerase to transcribe into DNA in this case, not for it to be made into a protein ^^
The durability comes from your immune system response to the viral antigen proteins that are produced using the mRNA, like any other vaccine. Specialized lymphocytes remember the antigens for as long as the rest of your life, and wandering macrophages will patrol the ghettos of your body racial profiling for covid.

mRNA is used by ribosomal subunits to make proteins directly. DNA polymerase is used to make DNA copies of other DNA in the nucleus. RNA polymerase, on the other hand, reads specific genes on your DNA genome and makes an mRNA transcript from that gene. In this case the mRNA is just being introduced from outside the cell, borne by vaccine, packaged in a small lipid nanoparticle.

It's just a different method of introducing the viral parts into your body. No actual virus involved so no chance of infection, and easier to mass produce.
Last edited by Lune; 11-25-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Old 11-25-2020, 10:56 AM
Banned

Astrozeneca is the english vaccine, english people are dirt poor losers still worshipping a bunch of royal idiots, everything about europe sucks and england is the asshole everyone cant wait to lick

Gotta love america we got multiple companies sitting pretty at 90% already getting ready for distrubtion

as usual america wins
Old 11-25-2020, 11:04 AM
Banned

i forgot that mRNA is for protein synthesis by definition -_-

makes perfect sense, thank you for explaining [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Astrozeneca is the english vaccine, english people are dirt poor losers still worshipping a bunch of royal idiots, everything about europe sucks and england is the asshole everyone cant wait to lick

Gotta love america we got multiple companies sitting pretty at 90% already getting ready for distrubtion

as usual america wins
It's going to be real embarrassing if mRNA vaccine technology doesn't work or works poorly, and the Russian and Chinese companies who went the traditional viral vector route produce a superior vaccine.

On the other hand, if it works, and works well, it's going to make Russia and China look like cave men.
Closed Thread