Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's about their scummy personalities.
Which can be made up depending on how petty the story teller is. The names you listed are just so rare and so extreme that no, telling someone "watch ur rep bro i matter!" is probably worse than what the person did.

sry you dont matter, most of the time anyways. bet you cant even remember the name of the OP/orc thief without double checking
Old 09-15-2020, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2020, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which can be made up depending on how petty the story teller is. The names you listed are just so rare and so extreme that no, telling someone "watch ur rep bro i matter!" is probably worse than what the person did.

sry you dont matter, most of the time anyways. bet you cant even remember the name of the OP/orc thief without double checking
I'm not saying my opinion matters, and that's besides the point. What you're failing to recognize is that people don't often get shunned for one-off events. Scummy people tend to have a scummy pattern of behavior. If you act like a shithead every day and to a lot of people, it's gonna get around.

As one example, my alt was grouped in HHK at the goblin camp a few weeks ago and the group was looking for a tank rep. Some dude was mentioned as a possible rep and 2 people spoke up and said he was being an asshat the day before, so group went with someone else. The person with the bad rep might not ever hear about it, but they lost out on a group invite. They don't need to become a server pariah to still be negatively impacted by their reputation.
  • Solinius - 23 Wizard

< Blue Server - Retired >
Old 09-16-2020, 04:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scummy people tend to have a scummy pattern of behavior. If you act like a shithead every day and to a lot of people, it's gonna get around.
Am Im saying people who say "watch ur rep bro, i got friends" when dealing with confrontation are cunts. we been arguing this for a few days and i dunno how much more i have in me man. i didnt read your anecdotal evidence btw
Old 09-16-2020, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am Im saying people who say "watch ur rep bro, i got friends" when dealing with confrontation are cunts.
Did someone say this? I must have missed it.
  • Solinius - 23 Wizard

Old 09-16-2020, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Tethler is right your reputation does matter to some extent especially if your just a total douche.

Jauna is also right that someone telling another in game pretty much saying "Do you know who I am?" just as in real life is a douche thing to do. But just saying to a noob at orcs to be nicer to people and watch their reputation is actually some good advice and not saying "be careful I know people"
Old 09-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tethler is right your reputation does matter to some extent especially if your just a total douche.
Can vouch, when I was on a classic name crusade I use to get tells from people pissed off at me because the staff changed their name. It got to the point where I just didn't log in as baler for a very long time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2020, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can vouch, when I was on a classic name crusade I use to get tells from people pissed off at me because the staff changed their name. It got to the point where I just didn't log in as baler for a very long time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha! Baler doing the lords work.
  • Solinius - 23 Wizard

Old 09-16-2020, 09:24 PM
Kobold

poop, pee, pooooop
Old 09-17-2020, 03:08 AM
Skeleton

sorry bro once you zoned camps open. however, the way they talked to one another 24 hr ban for both. learn to be civil deuces.