Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Ding 60! Any casual/semi-casual raiding guilds?

Hey all!

Ive been on the server for around 5 years and I've never been in any serious guild. I app'd to my fair share of them but never felt strong enough about any to attempt to be a full member.

I have nearly no raid experience but i have collected a MR suit of gear and aquired the raid clickies (gobbie ear, midnight mallet, reaper, da idol, halfling hat ect) and now I'm looking for suggestions on a good guild for me? Seems like we have super hardcore guilds or super casual and I'm seeking something in the middle...

Id love to start gearing myself with non ec tunnel stuff!

Suggestions? 60 Rogue.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 11-20-2018 at 11:48 AM..
Old 11-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Kittens Who Say Meow is probably the most active of the semi-casual raiding guilds.

There's also Blood Guard and The Second Sons who are at roughly the same level, give or take.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all!

Ive been on the server for around 5 years and I've never been in any serious guild. I app'd to my fair share of them but never felt strong enough about any to attempt to be a full member.

I have nearly no raid experience but i have collected a MR suit of gear and aquired the raid clickies (gobbie ear, midnight mallet, reaper, da idol, halfling hat ect) and now I'm looking for suggestions on a good guild for me? Seems like we have super hardcore guilds or super casual and I'm seeking something in the middle...

Id love to start gearing myself with non ec tunnel stuff!

Suggestions? 60 Rogue.
Hi, I’m the recruitment officer for Paradigm Shift, which I think fits the bill exactly for why you are looking for. We are a middle ground for people looking to do endgame content without staring at walls for 16 hours at a time. We regularly compete in a ToV, VP, and do our best to balance the craziness of the p99 endgame with keeping sane.

Shoot me a tell in game (Baylan or Baelen, usually). And check us out at p99ps.com
Old 11-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

There's a lot of good guilds on this server, and you can find a summary of all of them here. If you're looking for casual raiding the middle group will probably be what you want, although not every guild in that section would consider themselves "casual".

Personally though, as a casual raider myself, I'd recommend taking a look at Anonymous. We use a DKP system and raid every week on Wednesday and Friday, 5pm EST. Wednesday is Plane of Sky night (melee haste belts and some other good items) and Friday is HoT night (get yourself a full suit of Dragon armor). We also raid other targets on other random nights.

Every raid is 100% optional: you'll never be forced to come. We do have an attendance requirement to get loot though, so if you stop coming for a month or longer (which is totally allowed), you won't be able to earn loot when you come back ... for your first couple raids back (and you can still earn DKP on those raids). Also, while we're not the biggest guild on the server, we're in the Aegis alliance. This is nice because we're small enough that you can get to know everyone, big enough to raid a lot on our own, and for the even bigger stuff we'd normally miss out on we get to raid with Aegis.

You don't need to know how to raid at all (we'll teach; eg. every week we re-explain how to do Sky), but we do use Discord and expect people to listen (you don't have to talk). If all that sounds appealing check us out; we'd love to have you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-20-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a lot of good guilds on this server, and you can find a summary of all of them here. If you're looking for casual raiding the middle group will probably be what you want, although not every guild in that section would consider themselves "casual".

Personally though, as a casual raider myself, I'd recommend taking a look at Anonymous. We use a DKP system and raid every week on Wednesday and Friday, 5pm EST. Wednesday is Plane of Sky night (melee haste belts and some other good items) and Friday is HoT night (get yourself a full suit of Dragon armor). We also raid other targets on other random nights.

Every raid is 100% optional: you'll never be forced to come. We do have an attendance requirement to get loot though, so if you stop coming for a month or longer (which is totally allowed), you won't be able to earn loot when you come back ... for your first couple raids back (and you can still earn DKP on those raids). Also, while we're not the biggest guild on the server, we're in the Aegis alliance. This is nice because we're small enough that you can get to know everyone, big enough to raid a lot on our own, and for the even bigger stuff we'd normally miss out on we get to raid with Aegis.

You don't need to know how to raid at all (we'll teach; eg. every week we re-explain how to do Sky), but we do use Discord and expect people to listen (you don't have to talk). If all that sounds appealing check us out; we'd love to have you.
100% vouch for <Anonymous> - great people in that guild. We also happen to be allies, but that's obviously why I can vouch for them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Banned

Paradigm Shift
Old 11-20-2018, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

There are a number of semi-casual guilds that raid. Azure Guard, Blood Guard, PS, Kittens, TSS, anonymous are the ones coming to my mind right now. The first 3 are probably a little more raid-centric than the others, but all raid some.

Only AM and Tempest are in the hardcore bucket imo, but even those don't have strict attendance requirements or anything like that to my knowledge.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

So one difficulty of raiding as a rogue is the lack of mobility. Sometimes you'll park out for things that don't materialize. For example, you run over to Kael in hopes that Statue will spawn soon but he ends up going really late in window while you're asleep.

For me, it was nice to have alts so I could park my rogue at a target and then play another char or take care of other things in game -- sometimes you will wait around with your guildies other time you'll be antsy to do things while you're on. Raiding on a porter or gater is a little bit easier in that regard but I think it's better to play a class you love. With TL's and WC Caps rogues can be relatively mobile so it's not the end of the world for every encounter but you will be waiting to be engaged sometimes.

For some of the more casual guilds - they may have some "scheduled raids" which are nice for someone who doesn't want to play hardcore. That means Thursday from 6-9pm you're in sky or HOT or something and can get the most out of your few hours on. Some guilds are disguised as casual but really play more than "hardcore" guilds, they just are a little bit smaller, or prioritize different content. Some of the casual guilds really are very casual and capitalize and have the potential to take down the majority of game content so you can still see everything and get access to most loot.

For some of the more hardcore guilds - they may be raiding nearly 24/7 in a week. Meaning they're around TOV, they do things like ring wars, ST, VP, plane of growth, etc. In a 24/7 hour guild, you can play 24/7 (if u crazy) or you can just hop on when you're around and still prioritize the events you want to experience and probably maintain active raider status -- you really only need 10-15% attendance in the top guilds to be considered active. Some of the hardcore guilds will ask you participate in ways that make the game less fun -- you can't do this or do that and you have to play our bot or you suck and you need to play 24/7 and we have to kill ourselves over every encounter, others will realize that the game is really about experience and maintain a professional, efficient, and fun raiding environment. Not everyone defines that the same way so you'd have to dig more to see what guilds fit that description.

Don't be intimidated by raiding in this game. This isn't like WOW with limited rosters and a need for everyone to be addicted and insane 24/7. If you play this game long enough you'll support a lot of players when you're available and others will support you when you're not around -- also the DKP and loot policies will reward players who contribute more to the guild's success. As a rogue there's many ways you can help. If you want to play very hardcore and really master the game there is a huge ceiling and you could invest a billion hours. However, if you want to start as a strong damage dealing class -- you can still be an asset to any small/midsize/large guild on the server.

Best of luck to you!
Old 11-20-2018, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

You aren't going to get actual casual raiding on P1999. The game environment, with its lack of instancing, is not friendly to guilds that want to operate on a fixed schedule of their own making. If you want to do more than the low-end raids, the best you can do is join guilds that tolerate casual players.....which frankly is most of them because few guilds have the luxury of being overly choosy.

At the middle tier, there are guilds like Kittens, Paradigm Shift, Anonymous, Blood Guard, Second Sons, and others....all of which are pretty much exactly the same as each other except for the names. They want their pixels, they use DKP loot, etc...you might call them semi-casual if you're feeling generous. At the top tier you have Aftermath and Tempest, which are both basically pointless for a casual player to join (they'll take you, but casuals tend to burn out quick in those guilds). Azure-Guard occupies a spot in the middle where it's not quite top-end, wants to be but won't quite go to the lengths the others do. It's a common landing spot for players who want to get the best pixels they can without totally devoting their lives to EQ.

Pick your poison. If you want to obtain pixels beyond lower/midrange stuff in this open-world game, you'll have to make at least some dedication to do it.

Danth
Old 11-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Join core, attend a raid or 2 and get the raid bug out of your system, then be raid suspended for a few months and youll be in tip top raid form again.
Closed Thread