Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 04:17 AM
Fire Giant

from an economic standpoint spending plat on fungi is way better than spending on epic mq - u can always resell it if u absolutely need the cash, and fungi is very easy to liquidate
Old 11-23-2018, 04:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk soloing isn't ideal 50+. So I would say just skip the fungi unless all you want to do is solo. Seek out duos/trios primarily for best xp, or otherwise bigger groups. I'd definitely spend on resist/epic stuff/raid utility/.

Or...get a Tstaff for badass looks before the new patch drops at some point.
Monk soloing might not be "ideal", but having a fungi makes it far more efficient for those times you can't find a group or just want to casually solo. I solo'd a ton 50+ on both monks I've leveled here, and while not as efficient at a good duo or trio, it was often better than mediocre full groups. Solo in Sol B is way better exp than a full LCY group in KC.

OP, get a fungi. You'll never sell it and it's arguably monk BIS.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

The baseline for soloing a monk in the 50s is being to kill a single skeletal warlord with t staff. Down time doesn't matter, you'll have a group to rejoin after you accidentally disbanded.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The baseline for soloing a monk in the 50s is being to kill a single skeletal warlord with t staff. Down time doesn't matter, you'll have a group to rejoin after you accidentally disbanded.
with jokes aside - is this really legit? as a monk puller ur often the first to see a namer pop, can u really disband to kill and loot for yourself?
Old 11-26-2018, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with jokes aside - is this really legit? as a monk puller ur often the first to see a namer pop, can u really disband to kill and loot for yourself?
It's scummy. In some cases a group could make the case that the spawn is camped by the group and the monk poached the group's spawn or something, maybe? Perhaps one of the scumbag rule lawyers could weigh in and clarify this totally hypothetical situation which would never really happen on Project1999.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen it done. I often am camping pit on my ranger looking for the elusive runed blade. If I see a skeleton warlord pop I like to troll by dropping a velium great staff on him and then bind sight.

I was surprised at how often a grouped monk would find the warlord with staff, solo it, then run back to group. It's their just desserts when the mob drops no staff at all despite appearing to have one!

The funny thing is velium great staff doesn't even look like tstaff but people seem to just get caught up in the excitement.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Certainly isnt against the rules but you might not make many friends. Then again who needs friends when you've got a new tstaff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps one of the scumbag rule lawyers could weigh in and clarify this totally hypothetical situation which would never really happen on Project1999.
Providing the spawn wasnt in or within line of sight of the groups camp and the monk dropped group before FTE'in the mob he would be clear to kill solo. The vast majority of the warlord spawns are external to RCY/LCY/Hand.
Last edited by Phenyo; 11-26-2018 at 10:37 PM..
Old 11-27-2018, 07:23 AM
Banned

I'd get a fungi as well.

Its going to be a fantastic item for all settings outside of that near-perfect group where all spawns are being killed in a timely and efficient manner.

Break-ins, rough pulls / splits, solo, tanking, small groups, etc...so many instances where you're going to be taking damage that would need a healer's attention otherwise. The less mana you require to fill that HP bar back up is more mana they have for buffs, help with CC, etc. When I duo with a Shaman buddy literally all he has to do is slow each mob and I'm gaining health over the course of the fight...which allows said bud(dies) to get that big mana bar back for the inevitable "oh shit" moment.

I'm spoiled. I had never played a monk and equipped a fungi at level 1. Can't imagine not having one, so pardon my bias. (Still lacking any epic progress at level 56 though, that's my next priority but it feels so daunting I haven't logged in for months now.)
Last edited by kjs86z; 11-27-2018 at 07:26 AM..
Old 11-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Still lacking any epic progress at level 56 though, that's my next priority but it feels so daunting I haven't logged in for months now.)
Monk epic is cake. One of the easiest in the game. Sure it got a bit more annoying with chardok aoe groups not being a thing but it's still super easy.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Getting your Epic should be priority #1, it will probably cost you 15k for the pipes and they are pretty ridiculous to get on your own. I will MQ the KC one to you for free if you want, PM me whenever

~Tekilya Wu'Tang
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread