Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 05:46 AM
Aviak

Default Ranger DPS DW vs 2handed

I'm a 39 ranger. I've seen on the forum "Buy Woodman's until epic GG". I was wondering if there are cases where dual-wield might be better.

Do I get more procs with DW for Call of Sky? Is Call of Sky dex based?

I know if I spend a ton of money then DW might be better. For DW I have a 12/22 velium 1hs, and the velium brood axe. I'd be willing to spend a couple grand to get a new 1hs if it meant better dps.

What do you all think?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

It doesn't make a world of difference tbh.

Using 1handers also makes sure you keep skills relevant for when you get epics.

I used a wurmslayer and lupine dagger until I got my swiftwind, circa 46. Earlier on I was using the silver swiftblade.

Once I had swiftwind I mixed up the wolf dagger and wurmslayer in primary as sitation dictated. Eventually I retired lupine dagger at 56. Wurmslayer was then used until 59. 59-60 I used primarily Earthcaller.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 AM
Banned

Well if you're grouping, you may not want to use Call of Sky because it generates a lot of aggro.

Also, I think the spell-based procs don't use DEX (but I could be wrong).

I've also heard that the Woodsman Staff is the best until epics, but who knows? Maybe that's a Kunark-era strat?

I tend to like dual wielding also so my ranger just has a Wurmslayer and something else and no one in my group cares because I'm in wolf form anyway.

If you're soloing though, then I don't know.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:35 PM
Banned

Woodsman is best bang for your buck and peaks 30-low 40s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Has anyone with a 60 ranger ever parsed a Woodsman Staff and a 36% haste item vs epics?

Minus the intrinsic benefits of epics over a stat-less stick, I'm curious how they compare in raw dps in grind group or raid situations.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Hard to min max ranger dps because no matter how high you get it, you’re just supplemental dps. I would suggest Baton of Flames + Kflame with 41% haste. That’s the highest potential damage build for a ranger, depending on procs and should perform pretty damn well even on things that resist the procs.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Download gamparse and find out for yourself which does better (the answer is heavily dependent on your char level) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Is there a decent primary 1 handed hammer?

As a ranger of Karana I like the Norse storm God feel.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone with a 60 ranger ever parsed a Woodsman Staff and a 36% haste item vs epics?

Minus the intrinsic benefits of epics over a stat-less stick, I'm curious how they compare in raw dps in grind group or raid situations.
I have, yes. I made a spread sheet years ago that compared ranger loadouts at various haste percentages. I think I specifically wanted to know how well a woodsman performed vs faydark parrying dagger + swiftwind. You should get that combo btw. Has a PB AE which sucks but it’s a good weapon for anything that you don’t need CC for. Best Kunark setup.

It’s still around but I dunno what the link is anymore.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have, yes. I made a spread sheet years ago that compared ranger loadouts at various haste percentages. I think I specifically wanted to know how well a woodsman performed vs faydark parrying dagger + swiftwind. You should get that combo btw. Has a PB AE which sucks but it’s a good weapon for anything that you don’t need CC for. Best Kunark setup.

It’s still around but I dunno what the link is anymore.
Ah thanks Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread