Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Banned

Default Enchanters in Velks (Seeking General Advice)

Hi everyone!

So my little trio of RL buddies have grown a bit tired of Sebilis. None of us have really done Velks and want to start learning the zone a bit as an alternative to humping frogs.

We are (60) Enchanter, (59) Cleric, and (55) SK.

Our first goal is to learn / lock down the "Frenzy" camp. I know its popular, but we like to play off-peak so I'm hoping to get a shot at claiming it.

I searched the forums a bit, happened across this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfkh3fbNSZY

Seems pretty straightforward...calm your way up, set up camp by the steep slippery slope...and start pulling! Keep see invis on, watch your step on slippery spots, and rock out.

So...what's my point of the thread?

Just looking to see if there are any tips / advice that may not be known to newcomers to the zone. If Frenzy is taken, what's the next best option? We're not looking for anything uber difficult...the SK typically has a baby in his arms and the cleric isn't exactly Mr. Min/Max.

Frenzy camp itself - Crystal Eyes, A Frenzied Velium Broodling, A Frenzied Velium Stalker, and Crystal Fang - are all 4 of these in their own static spawn points with PHs or is it more like Howling Stones where named mobs can pop in multiple spots? How far from the recommended camp spot? edit: my bad, wiki makes it pretty clear where this stuff is

As far as charm pets go, I guess the best bet are crystalline watchers + devourers. Rogue pets, our SK will be holding aggro so plenty of backstabbing glory. I know they can't be weaponized, but do non-humanoid charm pets equip -MR gear? Was thinking rusty pads, adamantite band, etc.

Thanks all!
Last edited by kjs86z; 02-02-2018 at 11:32 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Since you have a 60 chanter and a 59 cleric (+SK), the broodmother camp is the target for you. Not that difficult in comparison to frenzy in terms of how many mobs (and maybe easier since theres not vertical labyrinth). You just need to be able to get to the camp spot safe, which is again doable with calm.

All the named mobs have a static spawn and its not a random spawn among them.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Banned

NVM, wiki has a BM camp spot.

Great info folks, thank you!

What makes the BM camp more lucrative than frenzy? Velium Crystal Staff?
Last edited by kjs86z; 02-02-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Old 02-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

The BM camp has some trash mobs dropping velious BP gems which are stackable and sell easily.

The BM herself (and her husband) can drop the velium crystal staff and the crystal chitin BP. Dial a port druids routinely offer a kidney for that.

The SK will be useless at the BM camp as he won't be able to melee without getting shredded to bits. Maybe have him roll a shaman and quickly PL him or something. Enc / cle / shaman is a beast trio.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

A 55 SK tanking at the BM camp will drain your cleric's mana very quickly even with enc throwing in slows here and there.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Use the sk and his pet for charm breaks, and possible adds until ench/clr can root,so ench only has 1 mob after him, also a mana battery for ench. Don't use him to tank on a mob to mob basis as he won't really provide dps and will just waste lots of clerics mana. Ench/cleric can manhandle velks, use the sk for their utility not for tanking or dps
Closed Thread