Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 07-27-2021, 04:08 PM
Pulgasari Pulgasari is offline
Planar Protector

Pulgasari's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unknown unknowns. What we take for granted now, the internet included, would have been considered miraculous not long ago.
They knew it was coming, maybe not exactly how or when. Grandpa used to call the computer "your own personal Satan" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wouldn't assume salvation.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-27-2021, 04:34 PM
Ennewi Ennewi is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They knew it was coming, maybe not exactly how or when. Grandpa used to call the computer "your own personal Satan" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wouldn't assume salvation.
Agreed, but I also wouldn't assume damnation either.

Dwight Eisenhower Asks Computer: "Is There a God?"
https://youtu.be/j2nIy1LTu4U
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-27-2021, 04:36 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector

Jibartik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your source is almost 2,000 years old yet you're poohpoohing this other source from 50 years ago (2021-1970=51), why?.
Because we actually were better at philosophy 2000 years ago than we are today, compared to nuclear physics our understanding of that gets better over time.

Tribes rise and fall the same way, every time. It's not nuclear physics.
__________________
🏰🛡️🧙🏼Classic UI Quest🧝🏼🔮🗡️
🐾🦄 Classic Mob Safari 🐗🐾
📖🧛🍾The Wisest Necro🦇🧟💀
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-27-2021, 04:50 PM
Pulgasari Pulgasari is offline
Planar Protector

Pulgasari's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,431
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proclick
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-27-2021, 05:59 PM
Ennewi Ennewi is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because we actually were better at philosophy 2000 years ago than we are today, compared to nuclear physics our understanding of that gets better over time.
Philosophy is based on reason; theology is concerned with reason but through the lens of faith. The study of philosophy will not solve our current energy problems, only inform our decisions going forward. But if we are doomed, as you say, than philosophy is truly useless beyond absolving us of any personal guilt. And, similar to manifest destiny, future generations will eventually do whatever they please too, believing in defeatism. Except that whole mentality didn't even take hold in players 20 years ago, excluding Stynkfyst and <The Curse>.

https://kotaku.com/the-surprising-an...rqu-1785741600

Yes, it's only a game but the developers, being equivalent to gods, said it could not be done, even intervening when the impossible was being done, and yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tribes rise and fall the same way, every time. It's not nuclear physics.
If we're taking into account the finer details, tribes may have risen similarly but they most definitely suffered their own unique downfall, unless revisionists are already having their way with history books. "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Masada
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-27-2021, 06:05 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector

Jibartik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,928
Default

Take theology out of the book of revelations and it becomes a how to avoid dying when your goverment collapses news letter.. It was just a manifesto like any other.

Read it through that lens, it's startling accurate for the demise of every empire in history. And we're right on track to do it again. And that's how it ends, reminding the reader that what happens in the text happens again and again and again.
__________________
🏰🛡️🧙🏼Classic UI Quest🧝🏼🔮🗡️
🐾🦄 Classic Mob Safari 🐗🐾
📖🧛🍾The Wisest Necro🦇🧟💀
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-27-2021 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-27-2021, 06:23 PM
Evia Evia is offline
Planar Protector

Evia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,589
Default

Revelations chapter 6 is a good read
__________________
END THE QUEST
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 07-27-2021, 06:40 PM
Gwaihir Gwaihir is offline
Banned


Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: SJ
Posts: 2,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Philosophy is based on reason; theology is concerned with reason but through the lens of faith. The study of philosophy will not solve our current energy problems, only inform our decisions going forward. But if we are doomed, as you say, than philosophy is truly useless beyond absolving us of any personal guilt. And, similar to manifest destiny, future generations will eventually do whatever they please too, believing in defeatism. Except that whole mentality didn't even take hold in players 20 years ago, excluding Stynkfyst and <The Curse>.

https://kotaku.com/the-surprising-an...rqu-1785741600

Yes, it's only a game but the developers, being equivalent to gods, said it could not be done, even intervening when the impossible was being done, and yet...



If we're taking into account the finer details, tribes may have risen similarly but they most definitely suffered their own unique downfall, unless revisionists are already having their way with history books. "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Masada
The word philosophy comes from the words philo and Sophia.

Sophia: Wisdom
The Hebrews called that form "Chokhmah" and Ruach Ha'Kodesh (breath of God)

Christians call her "The Holy Spirit'

The Greeks called her Athena.

Philosophy through the lens of a nihilistic atheist is absolutely meaningless, dipshit. You don't even have a language, by which to convey ideas, without theology.


Moreover, you are so fucking stupid, while claiming to gno things (claiming all others' knowledge as inclusive in YOUR sum of knowledge), that you didn't even Gno (Root:Gnosis, origin: God as "Nous") this basic Truth.

Sorry Mario, your princess Sophia is in another castle, if he real.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 07-27-2021 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 07-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Gwaihir Gwaihir is offline
Banned


Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: SJ
Posts: 2,416
Default

That is to say, Jib is correct in that Revelations describes the fate, and the mechanisms of how, Empires who turn their back on God crumble. That doesn't absolve the "guilt" of that collapse, the collapse itself reinforces the guilt of those who turn their back on God to cause it.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 07-27-2021, 07:28 PM
Gwaihir Gwaihir is offline
Banned


Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: SJ
Posts: 2,416
Default

When I was reading up on Axsys, the first AI system developed back in 1999, there was a lot of chatter about contact with Luciferian entities through it. It ultimately faced crashing issues in conceptualizing Time, but I remember the Tower of Babel event coming into context and something about a Babel virus.

Anyhow, when you abandon God entirely, you end up with a bunch of retarded idiots who think they know stuff when they don't even know the words they're using to express those things they think they know
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.