Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelzrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020605a.html

JUNE 5, 2002

With this patch we've made some rather sweeping changes to the way pets work.

Pets will not attack mesmerized creatures. Pets basically treat mesmerized NPCs as if they were dead.
Pets are neutral to NPCs. Monsters will not attack pets first unless the pet is being aggressive to something.
Pets take 75% of the experience from a creature if no player does damage to that creature.
Pets take ZERO experience from a creature unless no player does damage to that creature.
The exception to the above rule is Dire Charmed pets, which will take a share of the experience scaled by the amount of damage they do. In most situations (with an active party, for example) the Dire Charmed pet will not take experience. Like all pets, they will take 75% of the experience if no PC does damage to the target. As long as a player does damage to a creature, a Dire Charmed pet will never take more experience than it used to.
Charmed NPCs will now respond to the /pet report health command.
/pet sit down command should now work on charmed NPCs.

Fixed a bug that was preventing reclaim energy from working on Magician Epic pets.
Doesn't that mean some of our current pet mechanics are pretty wrong? 75% XP cut for pet and charmed pets being able to sit should clearly not be in?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

Yeah fix mage swords proccing on non summoned types. You can find my post with those patch notes.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

so, according to that link Aelzrith posted..pet owners didn't have to do like 70% of the damage or w/e to get full exp and this wasn't implemented until 2002??

It's currently a pain to do enough dmg to npc's to get full exp and have the pet hold aggro and not have mobs come try to eat ur face off.

I didn't know that it's not classic currently...interesting.

why was it changed then? ...i know it was patched but i thought it was classic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (My main is a warrior, so I don't pay much attention to other things)
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Banned

they changed it to try and limit pet classes from occupying camps over full groups to make it difficult on them to do anything other than group as far as xp is concerned. Totally unclassic and has been called out since its inception, but they haven't listened.