Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Pheer Pheer is offline
Fire Giant

Pheer's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 857
Default

2 box maximum in my opinion


but so far it seems to go pretty well without any boxing
  #12  
Old 02-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Tristin Tristin is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 99
Default

There server that I played off and on for almost two years had a max population of about 100 at peak hours. So we pretty much had to box all the time. I miss two boxing for a couple simple reason.

I boxed a Ranger and a Druid, not the greatest combo there ever was but still having those two classes came in handy in several differnt situations. I was able to buff/heal/port myself and I didnt have to rely on other people. I know that EQ is a communal effort game but there were times when I was glad I didnt have to bumb a ride from a guild mate and things like that.

I was able to do a lot of thing alone. I could camp gear, do quests, and exp on my own. Again I realize the differnt classes were made so we would pretty much have to depend on each other but at times its nice to just do your own thing, especially if you are just a casual player and only have about an hour to play a couple times a week. I wont deny as proactive as I am about it, its hard to find groups sometimes.

If two boxing is aloud on this server eventually will I take advantage of it? Yes.

If things stay the way they are will I continue to enjoy myself and be thankful for everyone who makes playing here possible? Yes.

Do I think two boxing will hurt the server? No.
  #13  
Old 02-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Zithax Zithax is offline
Sarnak

Zithax's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fine Steel Long Swords
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 box maximum in my opinion


but so far it seems to go pretty well without any boxing
this
__________________
  #14  
Old 02-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Tristin Tristin is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 99
Default

I would really like to hear the opinion of someone who voted against it. I really dont want to start a fight. I am honestly interested in your thoughts on this.
  #15  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Wildir Wildir is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
Default

I boxed on live for 7 years, and when I was 2 boxing I would allways bring along people with me, but I had a tank and a cleric and everything else was just extra. on this server, it seems that the 2 big things that make the groups go are the tanks and healers, which allmost every combo of 2 boxing only will consist of.

So, I vote for 2 boxing only! that way there is still room for people to group with them, and hopefully the kindness of the server will invite people to the boxing groups for exp.

Wildir
p.s. boxing was part of "classic", more so once kunark was out
  #16  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Tristin Tristin is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I boxed on live for 7 years, and when I was 2 boxing I would allways bring along people with me, but I had a tank and a cleric and everything else was just extra. on this server, it seems that the 2 big things that make the groups go are the tanks and healers, which allmost every combo of 2 boxing only will consist of.

So, I vote for 2 boxing only! that way there is still room for people to group with them, and hopefully the kindness of the server will invite people to the boxing groups for exp.

Wildir
p.s. boxing was part of "classic", more so once kunark was out
QFT. This is an excellent point. We will all be more spread out when Kunark comes out whether it was released tomorrow or in october. Hopefuly the server just keeps getting bigger. I joined a progression server when Kunark was already out. It sucked.
  #17  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 AM
rachel rachel is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 29
Default

haha you guys sound like you already are two boxing.

No wonder the server population is growing so fast lol.


Like Bubbles said 90percent of the server is either MQ, Dual boxing, or just asshats.

Make A SOLO class if you can't level on your own.
Make groups if you want to group.

Lets change the rules so noone EVER groups on this server again?
Probably not a good idea.
  #18  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Tristin Tristin is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha you guys sound like you already are two boxing.

No wonder the server population is growing so fast lol.


Like Bubbles said 90percent of the server is either MQ, Dual boxing, or just asshats.

Make A SOLO class if you can't level on your own.
Make groups if you want to group.

Lets change the rules so noone EVER groups on this server again?
Probably not a good idea.
Two boxing doesnt really hurt grouping though. A lot of people wouldnt do it I think. I am for boxing for solo things. Also somthing to think about, two boxing would make it possible for smaller guilds to raid.
  #19  
Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 AM
Winobot Winobot is offline
Kobold

Winobot's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: whose ducket
Posts: 105
Default

A 2 box maximum seems like a good number.
__________________
  #20  
Old 02-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Aquafresh Aquafresh is offline
Large Rat


Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 box maximum in my opinion


but so far it seems to go pretty well without any boxing
^
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.