Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Xruptor Xruptor is offline
Kobold

Xruptor's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 116
Default Enchanter Leveling Progression / Grouping(Solo) Spots?

So I have an Enchanter at lvl 9. He is a High Elf Enchanter, Agnostic. (I'm on Green Server BTW) I've been having a terrible time finding groups. Crushbone is almost always filled and most of the orcs are showing as green to me with a few blues.

So is there any other location that is good for a level 9 Enchanter to level in other than Crushbone? I've been trying to find a good tier progression guide that doesn't include Crushbone and most just mention going there. I just REALLY would like to avoid Crushbone. It's just terrible. I'v visited the following site (https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_10-14) But the information is all over the place and just provides too much info for me to pick a good place to go. This is why I'm asking for advice.

I've tried Steamfont with no success and even Butcherblock. Unless I'm doing something wrong most groups are usually filled in these areas. Someone had mentioned doing the Skeles and stuff near Minotaur cave in Steamfont and that was a bust as well.

Any suggestions? So far I think a few have mentioned West Commonlands and or East Commonlands and NRo/SRo. But I don't even know where to begin to group or solo in those locations.
Last edited by Xruptor; 11-08-2019 at 11:58 AM..
  #2  
Old 11-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Tecmos Deception Tecmos Deception is offline
Planar Protector

Tecmos Deception's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,782
Default

EC/WC/NRO area or WK, I would think. There are level 10ish folks in all those areas killing orcs, dervs, wisps, bandits, and assorted spiders and beetles and snakes. You'll be able to find blue con stuff in all those areas too to solo.

Can the max summon with the 8 enchanter animation hit magical? Cause you could carefully start soloing wisps for some plat and exp while you look for groups. There are wisps around EC and WC, and a few in WK, and a ton in NK.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.
  #3  
Old 11-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Xruptor Xruptor is offline
Kobold

Xruptor's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC/WC/NRO area or WK, I would think. There are level 10ish folks in all those areas killing orcs, dervs, wisps, bandits, and assorted spiders and beetles and snakes. You'll be able to find blue con stuff in all those areas too to solo.

Can the max summon with the 8 enchanter animation hit magical? Cause you could carefully start soloing wisps for some plat and exp while you look for groups. There are wisps around EC and WC, and a few in WK, and a ton in NK.
Went to WC all of the monsters there con red to me. With exception of few roaming large spiders near zone. Not sure if that's just at the zone or it gets better further in. I zoned in from ECommons. Went to NRO but didn't really see any groups setup or looking for any memebrs. Mobs around that area seem to be green to me with exception of a few blues at the or near the ECommons tunnel.

I didn't try SRo but I will later. This is a bit frustrating to be honest, but I guess I'll find something. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  #4  
Old 11-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Tecmos Deception Tecmos Deception is offline
Planar Protector

Tecmos Deception's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went to WC all of the monsters there con red to me. With exception of few roaming large spiders near zone. Not sure if that's just at the zone or it gets better further in. I zoned in from ECommons. Went to NRO but didn't really see any groups setup or looking for any memebrs. Mobs around that area seem to be green to me with exception of a few blues at the or near the ECommons tunnel.

I didn't try SRo but I will later. This is a bit frustrating to be honest, but I guess I'll find something. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe WC was a little too high for you. Wisps won't all be red at 9 though.

You didn't try EC at all? There are orcs, young kodiaks, beetles and snakes and spiders, wisps, all should be about the right level for you to fight with a partner or group.

You didn't wander around nro much if you didn't find anything except greens and a couple blues. There will be everything from green decaying skeletons to red mummies and dervishes in nro.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.
  #5  
Old 11-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Xruptor Xruptor is offline
Kobold

Xruptor's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe WC was a little too high for you. Wisps won't all be red at 9 though.

You didn't try EC at all? There are orcs, young kodiaks, beetles and snakes and spiders, wisps, all should be about the right level for you to fight with a partner or group.

You didn't wander around nro much if you didn't find anything except greens and a couple blues. There will be everything from green decaying skeletons to red mummies and dervishes in nro.
I'm going to try out EC when I get back from my errands. I may have missed some locations while I was wandering around. NRo I must have been looking in the wrong spots. Majority of the green area was green with some blues but not many. Maybe I should try across the desert as if I was headed towards SRo?
  #6  
Old 11-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Wallicker Wallicker is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,063
Default

There is 5 prisoners in the basement of Highkeep your welcome
  #7  
Old 11-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Xruptor Xruptor is offline
Kobold

Xruptor's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is 5 prisoners in the basement of Highkeep your welcome
?? I have no idea what you mean but I'm assuming it has to do with charming mobs. I don't have Charm yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  #8  
Old 11-09-2019, 12:18 AM
Tecmos Deception Tecmos Deception is offline
Planar Protector

Tecmos Deception's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?? I have no idea what you mean but I'm assuming it has to do with charming mobs. I don't have Charm yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pull up the wiki, hit up the high keep page, scroll down to the mob list, sort by level, notice there are some prisoners on the list about the right level for you to kill with an animation. Bonus points: notice the ZEM of high keep.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.
  #9  
Old 11-09-2019, 12:59 AM
Xruptor Xruptor is offline
Kobold

Xruptor's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pull up the wiki, hit up the high keep page, scroll down to the mob list, sort by level, notice there are some prisoners on the list about the right level for you to kill with an animation. Bonus points: notice the ZEM of high keep.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was able to find groups in ECommons which worked out. Also some Derv camps in NRo. So everything is cool now. I did find those extra mobs in NRo they are further in then where I went.
  #10  
Old 11-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Meiva Meiva is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 392
Default

I hunted wisps from lvl 8 on in NK as enchanter. Made some good starter plat. Paid for spells and to start JC. Exp was fine until 12 or so, then it was too slow for my liking.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.