Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please be safe and bank a key or few on a 1st floor corpse lol.
You guys are making ToFS sound kinda freaky, that key business wont be fun. So if Im dead on floor 6 I will need to re-key all the way? Can you tag along others who are keyed?
Old 04-12-2020, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Only allowed to kill level 1 decaying skeletons and level up by doing the (heavily nerfed) bone chip quests.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are making ToFS sound kinda freaky, that key business wont be fun. So if Im dead on floor 6 I will need to re-key all the way? Can you tag along others who are keyed?
I have had all day CRs at ToFS, that said floors 1-3 are not that hard and have good exit routes and if you can handle undead mobs your pretty much golden even if you wind up naked on of the floors

clr, necro, dru, shm, ench, are all pretty viable there

4 and 5 could be scary, i dont think i ever got to 5 or expd on 4

its an amazing zone, if i had a static group and i could sit for 6 hrs i'd go with them for sure
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-12-2020 at 12:45 PM..
Old 04-12-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

As a side note I'm leveling my cleric in ToFS now, and even CRing to level 2 is a giant PITA (with a 60 druid camped nearby to help kill the key mob). I am not looking forward to the higher levels.

But back on topic, honestly I think my favorite of these "Sisyphean" quests was where the one guy not only invented, but actually completed, the "quest" to max his Bixie faction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level a character to 60 without ever equipping a single piece of gear.
For many classes this is trivial if tedious: necro, enchanter, wizard, druid, cleric (can ding 60 on that level 40 skeleton in TT), bard.

I suppose a naked 59 monk can melee down a level 40 mob.

Your challenge would be interesting for the other classes.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-twink a new character up with a fungi and NOTHING else. Make them collect trash loot and save up for all the other pieces of gear. This would be fun because I could solo or group the character and still get the rewarding upgrade feeling as I leveled the character up.
I've thought of doing this a lot to be honest. Sort of combines the fun of twinking AND starting a new fresh character.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

learn languages, work on little-known quests, faction up with with enemy races, collect clickies, explore obscure zones, farm plat/gear, help powerlevel noobs, dig into EQ lore, find friends to duel, work on solo challenges
Old 04-12-2020, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Only xp in zones you've NEVER XP'd in before. Like, Stonebrunt mountains, najena, droga, dalnir, cazic thule.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Play EQ like you are a rogue shadowy government agent with the full resources of the *insert alliance, faction* unchecked and write up a dossier on each mob you camp.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Play EQ as a warrior, solo, untwinked to 60 and see how long it takes.

Alternatively, reach max Ally with the Blackburrow Gnolls.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread