Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Aviak

This thread confuses me.

I think we can all agree the current implementation is not very good. That is not in question.

But...

Isn't the point of this server, and in particular green, to emulate the classic timeline of EverQuest? If you prefer how SOE changed the mechanics months later and can't wait, why not play on blue? What's the point of a classic timelined server that violates the timeline constantly?

(For the record, IMO pets should be getting full xp and all the other dumb mechanics SOE launched with should be in right now, but not my server)
Old 11-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd reroll the mage epic is a 1000 times worse
Old 11-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread confuses me.

I think we can all agree the current implementation is not very good. That is not in question.

But...

Isn't the point of this server, and in particular green, to emulate the classic timeline of EverQuest? If you prefer how SOE changed the mechanics months later and can't wait, why not play on blue? What's the point of a classic timelined server that violates the timeline constantly?

(For the record, IMO pets should be getting full xp and all the other dumb mechanics SOE launched with should be in right now, but not my server)
Loot tables are not right, it has nothing to do with timeline. If words would drop for the mechanic to work, there wouldnt be any problem, it would just be tedious and expensive.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loot tables are not right, it has nothing to do with timeline. If words would drop for the mechanic to work, there wouldnt be any problem, it would just be tedious and expensive.
Research has shown that in the beginning word drops were 3x more rare than later.

Enjoy this authentic classic experience.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Research has shown that in the beginning word drops were 3x more rare than later.

To be exact, the re was no drop at the beginnig as the developpers back then admitted the class wasnt finished at launch.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Research has also shown mage pets didn't used to eat half the exp. "Classic experience" seems to be applied pretty one-sided against mages, a class that has nothing to look forward to in the future and so really doesn't need extra special nerfing in classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Research has also shown mage pets didn't used to eat half the exp. "Classic experience" seems to be applied pretty one-sided against mages, a class that has nothing to look forward to in the future and so really doesn't need extra special nerfing in classic.
I see that as a round about way to simulate classic and counteract our knowledge of the game and mechanics.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still waiting to see this mythical research showing there was a time when pets weren't eating 50% xp.

I want to see it. Please point me to it.

Everything I've read so far shows that the ShowEQ guys found pets were eating 50% of xp from the very first time they started looking at xp values in late 99 / early 2000.
Last edited by Dolalin; 11-01-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Old 11-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
"classic" seems to be applied one-sided to the "harder" side, although mages have taken more than their share, for sure.

Given a choice of a harder or easier "feature", it'll be the harder one. "because classic" if it's classic, "because, uhm, we think we know what was intended" if not. I wish they'd stop the charade.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still waiting to see this mythical research showing there was a time when pets weren't eating 50% xp.

I want to see it. Please point me to it.
Read the threads that you link when you spew them.
Closed Thread