Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-05-2022, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

WoW is definitly easy mode but Wrei hit the nail on the head. I took a 2-3 year break from WoW, came back and found my level 60 warlock was now level 30 and all the top tier armor I had was worthless. What a joke.

EQ has always been a constant. Great game, dangerous, and required more skill. Not just a mashing button contest and jumping around enemies.

Since others are on tangents, I will say that I had high hopes for SWG. I played the hell out of that game before they completely changed everything, then they went easy mode.

DAOC was fun, but got sorta Meh.

But like I said, I always come back to EQ. Have not played live in over 14-15 years and honestly dont care too. I started disliking the game when they redid the graphics and added Plane of knowledge to where anyone could get around anywhere, lame. Pissed me off when i saw the Ogre model.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Banned

I currently just got back into wow and I have to say it's super easy mode

I'm about 70 hours in and level 40 ish on my blood elf paladin. People are surpirseling

super nice to new players. i've gotten so many offers to boost me for free and gotten

tons of free gear from players in my casual guild. Have to say the pvp is toxic as shit

I killed a Draenei shaman and he proceeded to call his friends over to camp my corpse

and teabag me

but other than that, this game is easy mode compared to eq

but EQ is way more memorable and rewarding

I already have my first epic item while on eq it will take ages to get one
Old 04-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I currently just got back into wow and I have to say it's super easy mode

I'm about 70 hours in and level 40 ish on my blood elf paladin. People are surpirseling

super nice to new players. i've gotten so many offers to boost me for free and gotten

tons of free gear from players in my casual guild. Have to say the pvp is toxic as shit

I killed a Draenei shaman and he proceeded to call his friends over to camp my corpse

and teabag me

but other than that, this game is easy mode compared to eq

but EQ is way more memorable and rewarding

I already have my first epic item while on eq it will take ages to get one
If you’re gonna gank you gotta stay moving. People will be looking for revenge. They won’t need to even call friends or guildmates, just recruit people in the zone chat

I also recommend not ganking in an area you want to quest at. Get your quests all done, then gank someone on your way out if u want
Old 04-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Banned

In regards to pvp in classic WoW, when I was playing it a few years ago on a pvp server, everyone seemed to have a live and let live attitude. Everyone was so focused on getting to max level as fast as possible, I would say 90% of people didn’t want to pvp. I was in that category, I was never super into low level pvp, I wanted to rush to max level and get into a raid guild, get raid geared strictly to be able to kill players with better, and then do solo BG’s to pvp. So for me it was rush to raid gear to be able to kill players with, that was my focus

So the way I did it was to feel out the alliance around me when leveling. I would sorta hover around one and not pull any mobs (in case they did try to kill me I planned to fight back and didn’t want to have a mob on me) keeping myself in view to see their reaction. Sometimes I’d walk up and /wave. Generally if it was a lone alli around my lev, they didn’t want any trouble. A /wave back meant we’re cool, then sometimes they’d even help out with adds or what not. The problem came when it was a group of alli, numbers gave them confidence and made them more aggressive, generally I would avoid trying to exp solo around groups of alli

There were roving tanks squads but as a hunter I avoided them by always keeping a sharp on eye on track humanoids. I could see them farther away than they could see me, and could turn on cheetah and stay out of their view for hours and hours. I remember hearing about them killing every horde in the zone, but they never got me. And these were alli 20+ levels higher, so it wasn’t worthwhile to try to group up with other horde to take them out, it was too large a level disadvantage, better to just avoid them

I think I died to players maybe like 4 times total from levels 1-60. I only killed a handful of alli as well, and it was almost always because they wanted the same mining node as me. That was something I would fight to the death over, I’m getting that node over your dead body

Low level pvp really isn’t all that great in WoW, certain classes unlock certain clutch talents and get insane power spikes, and it’s frustrating to be getting killed by sweaties who are 20+ levels higher, I recommend just keeping your nose to the grindstone, rushing to max lev and good gear, then setting up as fair of fights as you can in world pvp or doing BG’s. I was never someone to kill people who were low on health or had a mob on them. I would let them kill the mob and get to full health before I engaged, and still sometimes these pussies wouldn’t fight back. That always baffled me
Old 04-06-2022, 12:46 AM
Banned

it's definitely a fun game for sure but I just wish items were more rewarding to get

I was getting upgrades for my gear like once per hour lol
Old 04-06-2022, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Need the WoW/EQ hybrid. Hardcore grind and EQ rules/gear with WoW type gameplay. Pantheon isn't going to be it.

There is someone kinda trying to do this (literally) but it will be a private WoW server bull shit type thing and not a developed game. I was in their discord for a while but I cant find the link now - shits been in development for a long time, not sure its ever really happening
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-06-2022, 02:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In regards to pvp in classic WoW, when I was playing it a few years ago on a pvp server, everyone seemed to have a live and let live attitude. Everyone was so focused on getting to max level as fast as possible, I would say 90% of people didn’t want to pvp. I was in that category, I was never super into low level pvp, I wanted to rush to max level and get into a raid guild, get raid geared strictly to be able to kill players with better, and then do solo BG’s to pvp. So for me it was rush to raid gear to be able to kill players with, that was my focus

So the way I did it was to feel out the alliance around me when leveling. I would sorta hover around one and not pull any mobs (in case they did try to kill me I planned to fight back and didn’t want to have a mob on me) keeping myself in view to see their reaction. Sometimes I’d walk up and /wave. Generally if it was a lone alli around my lev, they didn’t want any trouble. A /wave back meant we’re cool, then sometimes they’d even help out with adds or what not. The problem came when it was a group of alli, numbers gave them confidence and made them more aggressive, generally I would avoid trying to exp solo around groups of alli

There were roving tanks squads but as a hunter I avoided them by always keeping a sharp on eye on track humanoids. I could see them farther away than they could see me, and could turn on cheetah and stay out of their view for hours and hours. I remember hearing about them killing every horde in the zone, but they never got me. And these were alli 20+ levels higher, so it wasn’t worthwhile to try to group up with other horde to take them out, it was too large a level disadvantage, better to just avoid them

I think I died to players maybe like 4 times total from levels 1-60. I only killed a handful of alli as well, and it was almost always because they wanted the same mining node as me. That was something I would fight to the death over, I’m getting that node over your dead body

Low level pvp really isn’t all that great in WoW, certain classes unlock certain clutch talents and get insane power spikes, and it’s frustrating to be getting killed by sweaties who are 20+ levels higher, I recommend just keeping your nose to the grindstone, rushing to max lev and good gear, then setting up as fair of fights as you can in world pvp or doing BG’s. I was never someone to kill people who were low on health or had a mob on them. I would let them kill the mob and get to full health before I engaged, and still sometimes these pussies wouldn’t fight back. That always baffled me
This is like exactly the opposite my classic WoW experience. I was in those roaming gank squads. I started pvping and always sought out pvp even from a low lvl. It took me an extremely long time to hit 60 compared to some of my more PVE centered friends because of it but I had a great time. Once I hit 60 all I did was PVP and never looked back, maybe sprinkle in a raid here or there for an item upgrade just to use in PVP. I remember sitting in blackrock mountain for hours, just a never-ending back and forth slaughter between horde and alliance raids coming in. Missed green launch because I was rank 12 going for rank 14 and didnt have time to stop and start up on green or I woulda never made rank. Hit rank 14 and played for maybe a week and never logged in again once I started up on green server.
Old 04-06-2022, 03:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is like exactly the opposite my classic WoW experience. I was in those roaming gank squads. I started pvping and always sought out pvp even from a low lvl. It took me an extremely long time to hit 60 compared to some of my more PVE centered friends because of it but I had a great time. Once I hit 60 all I did was PVP and never looked back, maybe sprinkle in a raid here or there for an item upgrade just to use in PVP. I remember sitting in blackrock mountain for hours, just a never-ending back and forth slaughter between horde and alliance raids coming in. Missed green launch because I was rank 12 going for rank 14 and didnt have time to stop and start up on green or I woulda never made rank. Hit rank 14 and played for maybe a week and never logged in again once I started up on green server.
Damn, yea, that is a lot of pvp. Props on rank 14. It is one of the most difficult grinds ever created in MMO history, and definitely caused a lot of burnout

I hit rank 14 back when I played vanilla. I continued to keep playing after long enough to crank out some pvp vids, I’ll link the last vid I made, it has some blackrock action. I never wanted to do that grind again, so when I played classic I only did pvp casually, mostly solo BG’s

World pvp is fun but it’s hard to get fair fights. Never been into lopsided encounters either where we are steamrolling or getting steamrolled due to huge number differences. Was more into competitive BG’s and then later arenas in TBC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 04-06-2022, 04:36 AM
Banned

I was able to put up some good scores on the ultra-rare occasions I could get PuG vs PuG BG’s in classic, and this was just in T1 raid gear with epic quest bow, a far cry from the r14 gear I had in vanilla WoW

Classic BG’s for some reason turned into a full-premade-only meta. I ran in an undefeated (out of hundreds of matches) WSG premade back in vanilla, where we would challenge other servers in our battlegroup to get their 10 best WSG players and keep queueing until we got the same queue as them and then smoke them 3-0. But I wasn’t that hardcore in classic WoW

Some of the pug va pug BG’s I could get in classic, my char was same as my vanilla char just with an extra s. Last pic was classic char’s gear (nothing to write home about, but enough to tear it up in solo BG’s)
Old 04-06-2022, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

Shadowbane was better. When an internet tough guy threatens to knock your teeth out, you could just go sac their guild tree.