Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Skeleton

I don’t have much sympathy for Pikhal since I recognize that name from when I was leveling my bard in Highkeep.

Pikhal was waiting on the goblin list for several hours and eventually had enough. He called us out saying he’d been waiting for a long time and that we must have skipped him. I wasn’t the one keeping the list so I can’t say for sure but I know we called in an additional healer at one point so he probably did get skipped based on the group’s needs.

In any event, Pikhal spent the next hour or so ridiculing our group saying we’re “just mad at him because our DPS sucks because he’s been able to KS some of our mobs” and demanding that we kick the druid because the group doesn’t need two healers. Then he proceeded to sit on various spawn points in order to FTE.

I sent him a tell apologizing for the wait on the list and asked politely if he would please refrain from taking mobs from our camp since we were keeping the spawns clear. He lawyer-quested up and told us that the goblins were multiple camps and we could only camp one room and demanded to know which room we would be camping. Keep in mind this was after several hours of him solo camping the lookout room, and us reliably clearing the other rooms.

It was pretty clear that he was just angry so I stopped trying to placate him; we stopped communicating and simply following FTE protocol for all spawns. When this wasn’t enough he logged onto his higher level character, Herb-something, an office in <Dial a Port>, and moved into the middle room and started sitting on those spawns.

I have videos and logs of all of this but didn’t bothing doing anything with them because I’m sure nothing he did is against the rules, but it spoke volumes about his character.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You both look and sound like complete assholes. There are 2 of you in the entire fucking zone and you are fighting over mobs. How about you group up, how about you help each other instead of rule lawyering your way into someone elses camp "BECAUSE I CAN"?

You and people like you are the reason P99 sucks OP
The only communication from this person was "these mobs are mine" in OOC. Why would I group with someone that just watched me clear 7 mins and then claim then twenty minutes later? How fucking stupid are you?
Old 03-06-2020, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t have much sympathy for Pikhal since I recognize that name from when I was leveling my bard in Highkeep.

Pikhal was waiting on the goblin list for several hours and eventually had enough. He called us out saying he’d been waiting for a long time and that we must have skipped him. I wasn’t the one keeping the list so I can’t say for sure but I know we called in an additional healer at one point so he probably did get skipped based on the group’s needs.

In any event, Pikhal spent the next hour or so ridiculing our group saying we’re “just mad at him because our DPS sucks because he’s been able to KS some of our mobs” and demanding that we kick the druid because the group doesn’t need two healers. Then he proceeded to sit on various spawn points in order to FTE.

I sent him a tell apologizing for the wait on the list and asked politely if he would please refrain from taking mobs from our camp since we were keeping the spawns clear. He lawyer-quested up and told us that the goblins were multiple camps and we could only camp one room and demanded to know which room we would be camping. Keep in mind this was after several hours of him solo camping the lookout room, and us reliably clearing the other rooms.

It was pretty clear that he was just angry so I stopped trying to placate him; we stopped communicating and simply following FTE protocol for all spawns. When this wasn’t enough he logged onto his higher level character, Herb-something, an office in <Dial a Port>, and moved into the middle room and started sitting on those spawns.

I have videos and logs of all of this but didn’t bothing doing anything with them because I’m sure nothing he did is against the rules, but it spoke volumes about his character.
I got skipped for the group so someone could AFK box their GLs Cleric. There's a different thread about it that I had nothing to do with, thanks.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this how people normally petition someone?
Doesn't take much to get a GM to show up if they're actually there. Obviously I put something in through the forums. I'm not planning to written an essay in the chat box while I'm being KSed.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Oh look another OMG!2!!!@ CONTACT THE STAFF I NEED SOMEBODY TO HOLD MY HAND
Old 03-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the manastone make it easier to steal camps OP?
If I were playing a character with mana and stealing camps I'm sure it would. Could you not figure this out yourself?
Old 03-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh look another OMG!2!!!@ CONTACT THE STAFF I NEED SOMEBODY TO HOLD MY HAND
Yes, I also thought it was funny when that was the first thing this fine Man of Odus suggested. Seems uncharacteristic of them. If this wonderful human had made ANY attempt to talk to me or said something before I had cleared all the mobs I would have let him know I was going for a hike at Red Rock, which I just got back from, it was great. But since he decided to act like a fucking idiot I obliged him his petition.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Still reading a lot of confusing in this thread.

On red99 camps are determined by player skill. Investment. And friendship.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You both look and sound like complete assholes. There are 2 of you in the entire fucking zone and you are fighting over mobs. How about you group up, how about you help each other instead of rule lawyering your way into someone elses camp "BECAUSE I CAN"?

You and people like you are the reason P99 sucks OP
Too true
Old 03-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

OP is the type of person who thinks he hates instancing because he's "above" it, but would actually love instancing
Closed Thread