Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 04:07 PM
Banned

Default This community has sucked the joy out of EQ

There are only a handful of acceptable places to level, otherwise you have to bring your own group or get comfortable soloing. The raiding scene is an incredible waste of man-hours, and is wretchedly boring because all guilds are zerg-guilds and all content is known. Big mobs were being slaughtered all across velious within hours of release. That shouldn't really be possible, except for the fact that all guilds are zerg-guilds.

I went to check on the beads camp, and the list was 25 people long. Just looking around, it appeared that maybe 6 of those people were active. Everyone else was alt-tabbed out.

The guild I was in was doing plate house, and the officers decided that they were going to let the dwarf get away in order to shut down any other guild from immediately starting after we left. Intentionally screwing over other Everquesters because of.. I dont know even know.. something about competition, I guess?

There used to be some pleasure in just enjoying the game, but that's mostly gone. It's just a grab for pixels.

I've been on P99 since 2009, but it's finally time.

I will absolutely let the door hit me on the way out, fuck you too.
Last edited by bomaroast; 07-05-2021 at 04:11 PM..
Old 07-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You're not wrong, but it sounds like your priorities / goals align with what everyone else is doing, which of course is going to put you in close proximity to everyone else and some % of those people will be jerks. Complaining about a list camp functioning in the way it is and raid content being the way it is a few days after velious release is just a strange take. Of course the most hardcore of hardcore people are going to be after that content as soon as its released, and hardcore people on P99 suck.

I'm mostly a duo player now, i was in a guild for a while but it just wasn't for me. We spend our time doing what we find fun, after loot we find interesting, leveling up in weird out of the way places. Sometimes we'll come across other poeple doing the same and we'll group with them. The game is still amazing / magical if you let it be. Sounds like you're pigeonholing yourself into a very narrow scope of play and then complaining that it sucks. Norrath is huge and everquest is a wonderfully deep game. If you're not having fun with it anymore, that's understandable, but it's not a problem of the servers population, its a problem of your own expectations IMO.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Aviak

It sounds like you're a hardcore player complaining that being a hardcore player sucks... Play a different way, or different game, or go outside, all good options.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:37 PM
Banned

Nah, the P99 was great years ago. The competition wasn't inherently toxic, and there were groups to be had everywhere. It's the community and the fairly new min-max obsession that sucks.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are only a handful of acceptable places to level, otherwise you have to bring your own group or get comfortable soloing. The raiding scene is an incredible waste of man-hours, and is wretchedly boring because all guilds are zerg-guilds and all content is known. Big mobs were being slaughtered all across velious within hours of release. That shouldn't really be possible, except for the fact that all guilds are zerg-guilds.

I went to check on the beads camp, and the list was 25 people long. Just looking around, it appeared that maybe 6 of those people were active. Everyone else was alt-tabbed out.

The guild I was in was doing plate house, and the officers decided that they were going to let the dwarf get away in order to shut down any other guild from immediately starting after we left. Intentionally screwing over other Everquesters because of.. I dont know even know.. something about competition, I guess?

There used to be some pleasure in just enjoying the game, but that's mostly gone. It's just a grab for pixels.

I've been on P99 since 2009, but it's finally time.

I will absolutely let the door hit me on the way out, fuck you too.
OP your targets here are above what a mortal norrathian should be interested in.

If you hunt bears and scarab rings like me its a blast 8)

You are a farmer, like I, spend time in the karanas and that's what the joy in EQ is all about. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Banned

100% accurate.

It's an epiphany most playing long enough will come to.

Game is still fun, but masochistic elements within the game deter anyone who values their sanity.

Sadly some never learn. Be glad you see things clearly now.

The way it is still fun for those past this point is to do it only on your terms.

When you really take stock you will realize how to maximize your fun rather than torpedo your time.

Good luck.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, the P99 was great years ago. The competition wasn't inherently toxic, and there were groups to be had everywhere. It's the community and the fairly new min-max obsession that sucks.
Really? There were groups to be had everyone when the population was like 200 people back in the day?
Old 07-05-2021, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP your targets here are above what a mortal norrathian should be interested in.

If you hunt bears and scarab rings like me its a blast 8)

You are a farmer, like I, spend time in the karanas and that's what the joy in EQ is all about. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously. Settle down OP. Go enjoy the journey that is EQ. Fuck's sake, maybe consider RED?

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 07-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Orc

Remember when the server first launched there were so many people that a Green and Teal server were needed? We are only a couple days into Velious and over 90% of the population has left.

1) The zerg raid scene is pathetic. Everquest is best when each person has to play their class to the maximum of their ability to succeed. The greatest memories and friendships are formed when you rally and win an extremely challenging encounter because everyone did their part.

2) The same ~50 players get EVERYTHING first. The same people that have AoNs were likely first to get their Trak bp, VP robes, epics (and their alts' epics), titles from BoTB, etc. Mostly in ST but there are also a few Kingdom and FoW players in this category.

3) GM favoritism is rampant. Why do you think raid targets spawned during work on Fridays (and even on Mondays)? Hint: A few people in ST couldn't play on Saturdays. I wish I was lying. This favoritism carries over to other aspects such as reimbursement requests and petition response times.

I know there are a lot of competent people that have literally given their lives for this project, however, the population (or lack thereof) suggests that it failed. My brother, sister, and I joined P99 because we wanted to experience end game content that we couldn't 20 years ago, but we left because this server (notice how I don't call it a world) is a disaster.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:46 PM
Large Bat

Totally go do something else. Sounds like a description of total burnout to me. I just started on P99 a short while ago, and it's a great community of gamers. Maybe the best I've ever played with.

But the endgame environment of any MMO I've ever played can become hardcore and nasty. That is where you find the A-type personalities playing a damn game. They min/max, they do shitty things, they get greedy, they blame others for their unhappiness, and that is where you find the perfectionists. It has been the same with any MMO I've ever played. And you either just deal with it, or you quit. The worst thing you should do is waste your time coming on a forum to whine about it to everyone else. It is not going to change, so either man up and deal with it, or leave and find something else to do with your time.
Closed Thread