Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-25-2022, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best aggro weapon is scepter clicks
Go next
yup, hoocars what you have, get in vanquish and have them farm you a scepter to click.
Old 04-27-2022, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just got my warrior epic. Then, as one does, I combined a Summoned: Sword of Runes in the Scabbard, creating Blade of Strategy and Blade of Tactics. I've now banked the Scabbard. I was hoping I could get rid of some other items and free up bag space, but I dunno...see what you think.

Current aggro setup:
MH: https://wiki.project1999.com/Blade_of_Strategy
OH: https://wiki.project1999.com/Blade_o...ack_Dragon_Eye

Current ramp tank or DPS setup:
MH: https://wiki.project1999.com/Dagas
OH: https://wiki.project1999.com/Blade_of_Tactics

Now, what can I get rid of, or bank?

1. Can I get rid of my trusty Infestation? https://wiki.project1999.com/Infestation
I intend to use Blade of Strategy mainhand and Blade of the Black Dragon Eye for aggro. Or is Infestation worth keeping around for its stellar low delay and/or 20 PR? Or is Infestation+Red Blade even better? :grimacing:

2. Can I get rid of my Culler? https://wiki.project1999.com/Culler
I have been using it for "DPS" mode, when a mob is being tanked by someone else and I don't want to pull aggro, but I do want to help kill it. Perhaps now I can use Dagas 11/21 + blue blade 14/24 for no-proc, minimal-aggro, maximum damage mode; and bank my cool Culler for ceremonial occasions. Thoughts?

3. Can I get rid of my Bladestopper? 25ac 15sta 50hp shield (secondary only)
I had been using it for rampage tanking. Can I use Dagas + blue blade instead now? Or should I keep Bladestopper because it is, in fact, a shield, and therefore not subject to the AC cap?

4. Can I get rid of my Idol of the Thorned? 10ac 7str 10sta range slot
With red blade equipped, I'm at 211 Stamina unbuffed, so I can hit 255 sta with a shaman buff.
And what HP item should I aim for for the range slot? I have my bow there 99% of the time for pulling/tagging, but after the mob is in melee range, I should swap in something more tanky. I actually have an extra Ball of Everliving Golem, which has 15 hp and 2 resists...maybe I wear that??

5. bonus question: is 2-handed war epic any good for main tank duty? Or only on VS and certain other things? Is the 2-handed damage bonus in play on Green yet or naw?

ty for input, and yes this helps
1) I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the infestation is better agro than the Blade of the black dragon eye. Epic in your main hand and infestation offhand is the best threat set up out those 1 hand weapons.

2) Yes get rid of the culler, it is terrible. The blue blade + dagas will do ok dps due to the worn effect of the blue blade being so good. Long term though, you will want to pick up something with a better ratio and lower delay to put in the main hand. For example, Kreizenn's Flame + blue blade is the best dps set up in the game for warriors.

3) You want to keep a shield, however if you can hit the stamina cap without the sta from the bladestopper you could sell it and use https://wiki.project1999.com/Clay_Guardian_Shield instead.

4) Definitely replace idol of the thorned once you no longer need the stamina. The Eye of Narandi mentioned is a good option, and as a cheaper option there is https://wiki.project1999.com/Sandwic...Smelling_Herbs . It has 10hp more than Eye of Narandi, but in exchange for the AC and other stats narandi eye has. If the sandwich is in your ranged slot you will never eat it so it's safe there.

5) Epic 2h is excellent for main tank duty. The threat it generates is on par with or even better than most 1 hand combos. Additionally, it has great stats with the 100hp, resists, etc. And as mentioned by others, you take less ripostes using a 2h weapon so your damage taken will be reduced by using it.

Hope this was helpful and best of luck!
Old 04-27-2022, 06:38 AM
Planar Protector

Does a sandwich in ranged slot protect against hunger?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-01-2022, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the infestation is better agro than the Blade of the black dragon eye. Epic in your main hand and infestation offhand is the best threat set up out those 1 hand weapons.

2) Yes get rid of the culler, it is terrible. The blue blade + dagas will do ok dps due to the worn effect of the blue blade being so good. Long term though, you will want to pick up something with a better ratio and lower delay to put in the main hand. For example, Kreizenn's Flame + blue blade is the best dps set up in the game for warriors.

3) You want to keep a shield, however if you can hit the stamina cap without the sta from the bladestopper you could sell it and use https://wiki.project1999.com/Clay_Guardian_Shield instead.

4) Definitely replace idol of the thorned once you no longer need the stamina. The Eye of Narandi mentioned is a good option, and as a cheaper option there is https://wiki.project1999.com/Sandwic...Smelling_Herbs . It has 10hp more than Eye of Narandi, but in exchange for the AC and other stats narandi eye has. If the sandwich is in your ranged slot you will never eat it so it's safe there.

5) Epic 2h is excellent for main tank duty. The threat it generates is on par with or even better than most 1 hand combos. Additionally, it has great stats with the 100hp, resists, etc. And as mentioned by others, you take less ripostes using a 2h weapon so your damage taken will be reduced by using it.

Hope this was helpful and best of luck!
Food for thought! Helps a lot. And man, on our most recent HOT raid, I tried Red Blade mainhand / Infestation offhand; versus Red Blade mainhand / BOTBDE offhand, and I have to say...the Infestation really locked in aggro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Smash shared some aggro research/testing results and apparently offhand swings benefit from the "mainhand damage bonus" when it comes to aggro. So that's news to me. So apparently fast weapons are good aggro in the offhand as well as in the mainhand. Less damage, but same "swing" aggro potential. Wow.

And great tip about downgrading my shield. One of my guild's other tanks can get more use out of my Bladestopper, and I can have a Clay Guardian shield as an option for rampaging mobs.

I'm probably not going to have access to Kreizenn's Flame anytime soon. What are some runner-ups for non-aggro high-DPS weapons to pair with Blue Blade?
Last edited by Videri; 05-01-2022 at 01:14 AM..
Old 05-01-2022, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm probably not going to have access to Kreizenn's Flame anytime soon. What are some runner-ups for non-aggro high-DPS weapons to pair with Blue Blade?
With DPS Procs: Jaelen's Katana, Essence Mace, Dagarn's Tail

No DPS Procs: Dragonrib Club, Silver Whip of Rage, SBoZ, Katana of Pain
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Tradeable one would be swiftblade of zek or blade of carnage.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

For ideas for a main hand dps weapon, it really depends on your budget and what type of raid items you have access to. In general though, you want something with a good ratio and low delay.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

I see mentions of using Red blade in primary and Infestation in offhand.

Wouldn't Frostbringer be better in offhand? Seems like a better ratio and stronger proc?

To be clear, I'm genuinely asking as I'm looking to dial in my best agro setup too...still trying to figure out how to get the 2hander to perform as advertised! I need to give it a better shot.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

It is said that even though the off hand doesn’t benefit from damage bonus for damage purposes, it does benefit from damage bonus for aggro purposes.

Perhaps this is why infestation is suggested over frost bringer for offhand. It is faster so applies that damage bonus aggro more often.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-28-2022, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is said that even though the off hand doesn’t benefit from damage bonus for damage purposes, it does benefit from damage bonus for aggro purposes.

Perhaps this is why infestation is suggested over frost bringer for offhand. It is faster so applies that damage bonus aggro more often.
Thanks for the reply!

Man, that is so weird. Looking at both agro charts I have (which I know are to bw taken with a grain of salt), I do see that Infestation in offhand is slightly better than Frostbringer in one of them. I'll have to give it a go! I really dislike the look of Frostbringer, and would love to be done with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Philistine; 05-28-2022 at 10:01 AM..