Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Aviak

Default Bit the Bullet and Upgraded to 10, now I can't Play EQ!!!

Hey all,

So I figured I would get the free upgrade (Win 10) before it was too late (aka today) and everything went fine with the upgrade itself. After fiddling around with some things I go and run EQ only to receive this message after the screen went blank like it normally would, then dropped right back to the desktop.

"The instruction at 0x00000000030645b4 referenced memory at 0x0000000003CBF0DC.The memory could not be read. click ok to terminate the program"

I tried looking into it on these forums, but could not find a thread with this error as the title. Has anyone had this issue and/or heard of this occurring? If so, please fill me in on how to go about getting past it and back into the world of Norrath!!!! Thanks in advance!

-Grimmskld
Old 07-29-2016, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Have you gone into your eqclient.ini file and tried changing the resolution yet? This happened to my friend when I upgraded him and did a copy of my EQ folder on his PC. Put it to something low like 800x600 and then just change it back to normal when you get in game through the options menu (Alt+o). Can also try getting WinEQ2 if you don't already use it.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Aviak

I have not tried that, but will give it a go when I get home later today. Thanks for the quick response Joppy!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

When I updated to 10 I had to completely reinstall P1999 from scratch.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Skeleton

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forums. Been playing a little for the last few months and really love the community.

Still looking for friends to level with. I played on EQlive from launch to 2005 omens of war era.

I upgraded my old toshiba laptop and p99 performance went way down. When it was running windows 7 it was smooth as silk 60fps all the time. Now it is all jerky frame rate and not smooth at all.