Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Skeleton

Run down to Oggok during peak hours, there are usually people killing guards that will let you loot a crude stein.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Talk to Omnimorph. He'll make you the two charisma bracers, rings and the neck for ~450. Get a crude stein for free from people soloing oggok guards and you should be able to charm for 30 seconds instead of 5! Yay.

I'm joking btw. But you're better off just using your pet til around 30 or so, and at 29 your pet can DW.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

I tried charm soloing today since I dinged 12. It's a bloodbath, I was lucky if Charm stuck for longer than 2 ticks. If Charm is that gear dependent then no one except twink Enchanters can charm solo at low level.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

I don't have great gear but at level 16 i had 167 cha and charm still blows to the point it's totally useless and unreliable as a soloing means. It lasts on average 3 ticks, sometimes 20 seconds usually less. As others have stated probably best to stick with the animations until 30. Chanters are very powerful 40+ , but you gotta be willing to die a lot to get there or play smarter and fight like a mage. Single pulls. Howver you can get single pulls a mage can't by using the Lull line of spells. So that part is easy. When whirl isn't such a mana hog, use that over anything else with singles. At 12 it's a mana hog so until 16+ you probably want to stick with root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Fire Giant

this is weird. i havent used my charm once and i've solo'd (and FAST to lvl 32 so far) i've only grouped for about 2 hours in which the experience was so bad i'll stay away from it as long as i can, although i have to say it was a lot of fun. I have mana regen buffs, i have hp regen buffs (troll illusion). i have an very kick ass pet (the only down fall is that i cant control him like a nec/mage can). i have nice DD, i have DoT's, debuffs, slows and hastes. i never die because if your dying as an enchanter then you suck as an enchanter. root, mez, lull, perma stun.

if you want to solo but wait til your necro can be iksar, then play an enchanter, its a fun class to play, and you wont be just another boring mage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 03-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I solo'd pretty much my entire way to 50 in about 2 weeks without the use of charm. I tried the group thing a couple times, but it wasn't nearly as fast. Although the fix to Troll Illusion would probably slow that down a lot more today, but even then the Enchanter pet isn't that bad, and you don't have to worry about it ever breaking. It's not very quick at first, but it gets progressively better as you level. The only real challenge is managing both you and your pet's hit points, as well as your mana, with taking some hits or whirl.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo'd pretty much my entire way to 50 in about 2 weeks without the use of charm. I tried the group thing a couple times, but it wasn't nearly as fast. Although the fix to Troll Illusion would probably slow that down a lot more today, but even then the Enchanter pet isn't that bad, and you don't have to worry about it ever breaking. It's not very quick at first, but it gets progressively better as you level. The only real challenge is managing both you and your pet's hit points, as well as your mana, with taking some hits or whirl.
fix to troll illusion???

Asher
Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't succumb to grouping. The people suck, the XP sucks, and you'll get lazy.

Learn to solo with Charm. It's possible as early as 12.
On the original live server in 1999/2000 I would agree with this last statement. I did that very thing and was soloing reds a LOT. I did this starting in North Karana with Beetles and various Griffs.
I rolled my enchanter on P1999 and headed to the Karanas once I hit the same level as I did on the original live. I got my ass handed to me several times because charm does NOT last anywhere close to how it did back in the day. I had a character of the same race and had better +cha gear and still charm was horrible. This was a big disappointment as I was really looking forward to reliving the good old days in this way. It was fun!
I asked about this difference and posted it as a bug. I was told that it's not going to change. Others have said that at 39, charm is far better and Enchanters finally get closer to how they were on classic.
-----------------------
Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

200+ charisma is not enough on this server. Basically wait till level 39 when you get Cajoiling Whispers and you will start to see a world of difference in charm durations.

I agree with the above statement that a smart enchanter can solo quite well with their animation. People get way to hung up on DPS and ignore the virtue of stability sometimes.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Chanter pets are also incredibly valuable because they are CHEAP. Pet gets close to death? Root mob, chain pet. The only pet command chanters have access to is "pet get lost", so you can always kill it just before summoning a second one.

In contrast with mages, you don't have to risk your butt to summon another pet in combat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread