Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueylewis187 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure shammys kick ass in kunark and I have an alt one.

I just can't picture a shaman doing the outdoor dragons that melee for 300+ and aoe for 1k ? how

How does the shaman break the tough rooms in seb apart when 5 mobs come hitting for 170's each? root them all ? with torpor on yourself?

I can't wait to try these things out. I am probably going to need some kunark raid gear to do so hehe.

so best duo is 2 shammys? or 1 sham 1 cleric ? or 1 sham 1 bard ?
Shaman monk, followed by SKs, Mages, and the rest pretty much... lol

Shaman bard can be great as well, eases up on splitting rooms, but shaman cleric isn't necessary. Shaman/shaman works... it's just that there's better duo partners out there than another shaman.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said I do generally prioritize HP over anything. My general rule is hit the softcap for your casting class, and then forget about the stat. After you get near the softcap, start going all out for bulk HP gear.
A shaman should never be full mana or full health. Let's say the +wisdom from your gear gives you 20% more mana. Anytime you're under 80% mana, those bonuses are useless. Hence, past vanilla I ignore wisdom on all gear. It's a very common stat and you'll pick it up here and there anyways. I don't think I broke 160 wis until PoP. Also, I know it's not exactly relevant to this server, but if you keep your wis at 200, you're not going to be prepared for Canni5 in Luclin.

Quote:
Lots of stuff about Canni IV and fungi
Canni IV unfortunately isn't until Velious. Both of the Kunark cannis are less efficient (but faster) than Canni I, but Canni IV is almost twice as fast as Canni III, and even more efficient than Canni I to boot. Amazing spell. Fungi is hardly unnecessary, it's one of the very best pieces of gear in Kunark. While you can argue about how useful the regen is, when you compare it to other options (especially in the same slot) the fungi shines as one of the better shaman items in Kunark. Rune Etched BP is garbage and so is Jaundiced Bone. We don't need wisdom.

Quote:
As far as Malo goes it depends on how you play your shaman. If you are a raiding shaman... Hell yeah, Malo is gonna be huge and make you feel like a more important part to the raid. If you solo a ton, Torpor is better in my opinion, no question.
Of course Torpor is better than Malo. But there are some mobs that you wouldn't be able to solo without Malo ie. cliff golems.
Closed Thread