Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

Default Live-share dps log file with partner

Is there a way to live-share the eq log with another player for dps parsing? Example: I'm a chanter, and would like to be able to use a dps parser, but I'm sitting too far away from the actual fight to register melee dmg.

So, if I duo with a shaman who is within range to log dps, can that shaman somehow share his log with me so my dps parser will read from his shared log? This way I could read dps output despite being on a safe distance from the pet.

Any ideas, suggestions?
Old 09-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Get a shared drive and direct logs / install EQ on that?
Old 09-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

How often/fast do these shared drivers/folders update?
Old 09-01-2019, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

No idea on refresh rates. Just thinking of feasible options for ya
Old 09-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, if for example Google Drive refreshes on an ok speed, it would be possible. Then I can just tell my dps parser to read from that shared log file inside the Google Drive folder.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to live-share the eq log with another player for dps parsing? Example: I'm a chanter, and would like to be able to use a dps parser, but I'm sitting too far away from the actual fight to register melee dmg.

So, if I duo with a shaman who is within range to log dps, can that shaman somehow share his log with me so my dps parser will read from his shared log? This way I could read dps output despite being on a safe distance from the pet.

Any ideas, suggestions?
look into this http://logging.apache.org/log4net/re.../chainsaw.html . i understand what you're going for, and want to help but to be fair with you I dont really have much of an idea, I agree with the people talking about a shared drive. but it would probably be a large commitment for the shaman, unless you two knew eacother pretty well. in the shared drive you might be able ti have a symlink to the log file instead of having to install the entire game ito the share folder. i will keep looking around
Old 09-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

maybe a shared network folder with remote access?
Old 09-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

A lot of references to OneDrive as people above mentioned a shared drive, but as mentioned trying to figure out a way to pipe the log file to the one drive or make it a shared link that you can parse to the local log file that would greatly increase the security of it all
Old 09-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Kobold

A work around would be to use a program that lets you screen share and have that up on another monitor.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

The UNIX-y way would be to give your friend SSH access to your computer. Then they could just run:

Code:
ssh username@yourIP tail -f /path/to/logs/log.txt
to watch your logs.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.