Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Orc

Default Any LVL 14 Troll Shammy Tips?

I'm about to hit 14 on my troll shammy (Snookee).

I like to solo or duo sometimes with a friend and right now I have full banded with a treant staff. I've been dotting up slowing and meleeing.

I hear that at some point shammies begin root rotting... am I supposed to start with this at 14 or do we get root and more dots later?

Also, people have recommended using a shield, and a harpoon. Any ideas on how much these would cost?

In this range on my mage I leveled on WK bandits, then random EK stuff, then NK beatles. Would this be adviseable on a shammy as well? I also like to camp named good guys but some camps seem to be tougher to reach on my shammy than on my necro... not sure if shammys get invis of feign death eventually.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Fire Giant

ya reroll an ogre shaman

no but seriously
Old 03-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya reroll an ogre shaman

no but seriously
Any useful advice?

Don't care about the frontal stun issue but I could use some other tips from experienced shammies.
Last edited by Drakul; 03-02-2011 at 01:23 AM..
Old 03-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any useful advice?

Don't care about the frontal stun issue but I could use some other tips from experienced shammies.
Sometimes shamans are gonna get hit, and they're meant to be able to take it. If you get stunned and you need mana that's less time you have to cannibalize... unless you're an ogre. ~
Old 03-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya reroll an ogre shaman

no but seriously
Lol man I was so close to saying that then kimmie distracted me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
ya reroll an ogre shaman

no but seriously
lies, you chose right.

never has being stunned meant a life or death situation. You can regen that lost HP back faster to canni more. All in all, it evens out.

You can root rot from 14, pretty much from any time you have poison and disease dots. Treant staff could get you a few extra damage at the start and possibly save the mana for the root, but I wouldnt count on it as reliable all the time. I grouped till 24 honestly till I got canni, its probably more fun and perhaps faster.

If you like to solo I think you're good in the Karanas for that level, maybe some of the OOT camps are possible, but I dont have that experience. Get ready to solo when you have a pet.

Also you don't get FD unless you count the sky ring which has like 3 charges (so no, you don't), and you get invis I think at 24.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sometimes shamans are gonna get hit, and they're meant to be able to take it. If you get stunned and you need mana that's less time you have to cannibalize... unless you're an ogre. ~
If you're trying to canni while getting hit 9 times out of 10 you are probably doing it wrong.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Kobold

In groups, I use a big damage 2hander to melee inbetween med ticks. I'm using a gatorsmash maul at the moment(30dmg/70dly) and at lvl 23 its very nice to hit for 75dmg about once a battle for free. Since there's a 40 point damage cap before lvl 20 you should find a high damage weapon that will hit as close to 40 damage. The ogre war maul(17dmg/50dly) is a good choice. Its pretty cheap too, if you can find someone selling it. It isn't magical however, so you'll want to keep the treant staff for wisps, ghouls, etc.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're trying to canni while getting hit 9 times out of 10 you are probably doing it wrong.
it's not preferred over canni dancing but shit, if you need mana you need mana and you can do it while standing just fine. didn't mean to derail SORRY
Old 03-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
it's not preferred over canni dancing but shit, if you need mana you need mana and you can do it while standing just fine. didn't mean to derail SORRY
na i still love you come on now, just being a dick! Like I said it all evens out either way
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Closed Thread