Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Default ----Conspiracy Theory Alert----

Is it true that during that "Mandatory Beta patch" this past weekend, any and all high levels that played recieved "early access" to dungeons like Howling Stones and Sebilis? You know, they quested for the keys durin the patch, and once Kunark opens, they will be first to get into these zones?

I dunno, but word on the street outside these thick, rubber-padded walls says that this patch was part of a plan to help one or more of the high-end guilds get a head start on Kunark....
Ababohee Mengyounadda
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

Yeah bro, Im sure the people actually testing / know the inside of dungeons will be the first there....

WTF are you even asking?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

BETA server is like Vegas.

Stuff that happens there stays there.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Kobold

What benefit would the devs gain by giving high end guilds early access?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

It's true you could port in to those zones at will. And people were encouraged to do so in order to find bugs, pathing issues etc. In fact access to those zones is still available for anyone and everyone willing to test.

Also, if there was a conspiracy they would not have made it a mandatory beta so that everyone on the server is on BETA... they would just go there during off hours. Your word on the street kind of spoke before thinking.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Awww you mean I don't get to keep the keys and exp that I farmed up and the thousands of platinum I exploited on the beta server in live? Boooo

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

It's all true.

-shifty eyes-
Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

This is in the running for dumbest conspiracy theory on p1999 yet if I understand it, which im not entirely sure that I do. We got our keys on the live server somehow while the server was down? We got things on the beta server which will retroactively be added to our live accounts when kunark opens?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah bro, Im sure the people actually testing / know the inside of dungeons will be the first there....

WTF are you even asking?
I'm askin if some/all of the high levels who played during that 'Mandatory Beta Patch' will get the special privelege of being the first in the long line of players to get the chance to get their hands on a Fungi, Runed Fighters Staff, Moss Covered Twig....etc etc, ya know, any of the other really nifty stuff that will be nerfed, soon after Kunark launches.

You sound defensive. Are you one of these people?
Ababohee Mengyounadda
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm askin if some/all of the high levels who played during that 'Mandatory Beta Patch' will get the special privelege of being the first in the long line of players to get the chance to get their hands on a Fungi, Runed Fighters Staff, Moss Covered Twig....etc etc, ya know, any of the other really nifty stuff that will be nerfed, soon after Kunark launches.

You sound defensive. Are you one of these people?
I'm certainly not. Are you saying because they got to go in to these zones, they know how to find stuff? Because not only are those zones still available but they have been available for a decade.

As far as keys go, you currently don't need to be keyed to enter said zones on BETA, you just get ported there from EC. As far as special privileges go, everyone will have to dungeon crawl to any camp on live just the same and will have to do their key quests the same.

I think that covers all your questions.
Closed Thread