Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

I say /list it, lists are fair.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:47 AM
Kobold

Default Lists

Obviously the OP put up with some serious crap or he wouldn’t have posted a novel about it. The truth is, he is right and you all are some greedy pixel hungry dbags if you are attacking him. Everyone in their right mind knows p1999 camps are a total shit show.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool. And more hyperbole. Was one ascii dick. Purdy good looking one though.
Hyperbole? Come on man. There's like a half dozen edits just tonight in which someone deleted most or all names and typed "go fuck yourself" and other gibberish in bold large point font. It doesn't matter because it's easily restorable, I get it.

I don't think I'm alone in my opinion that no camp list in EQ should ever get large enough to require a damn spreadsheet. If you want the camp, sit at the camp and wait your turn. If you have to log off, try again tomorrow. The only rule we need is a prevention of holding the camp to corpse-horde multiple rings if there is a player physically at the camp waiting for a turn.

For those concerned that they'll never get a chance without a hokey-pokey google list, I can tell you that these repeated incidents of frustrating vagueness and tom-fuckery surrounding whether or not the list should reset when no one is around proves there are plenty of fair opportunities to take over camp.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:34 AM
Aviak

Also, it should be emphasized again that a large number of people on this list are regulars that add themselves back to the list immediately after getting their ring of the ancients. If you require people to be PRESENT to remain on the list, this kind of passive farming is discouraged, and those who prioritize the camp because they actually need the boots will get more opportunities. As it stands now, we have the same crowd of farmers extorting the rest of the server for 6k a pop. These are the same people that'll post here that you should "avoid the drama and buy a MQ."

It's ok, say it with me: Fuck those people.

If you want to be a farmer, you shouldn't get to parachute in from the fucking plane of hate, or another plat camp you're farming, just to clog space in front of someone who might not have the desire to raid and farm like you, but just wants some damn jboots to enjoy the game a little more.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to be a farmer, you shouldn't get to parachute in from the fucking plane of hate, or another plat camp you're farming, just to clog space in front of someone who might not have the desire to raid and farm like you, but just wants some damn jboots to enjoy the game a little more.
I understand and agree with you, but there's another side to that coin. I manage a retail store, for example, so I rarely have time to play the game. As it is, I'm probably gonna forgo inspecting the store some morning/evening to camp jboots. But If I had to sit at the AC camp until it was available, I would never get jboots. You might say "this is fine; after all, MMOs are timesinks, and it wouldn't be fair to the players who invest more time to water the content down for the players who invest less time. Your job may be incompatible with MMOs, and you should be willing to prioritize accordingly." I don't have a strong response to that other than to say it is healthy for the game and for the player base for more people to have access to gear and experiences, whether it be through open raids or long lists or what have you.
Last edited by Vdaria; 08-04-2020 at 05:47 AM..
Old 08-04-2020, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

This just needs to be made a /list camp.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Orc

Make list camps great again!

Bring back the afk checks.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, it should be emphasized again that a large number of people on this list are regulars that add themselves back to the list immediately after getting their ring of the ancients. If you require people to be PRESENT to remain on the list, this kind of passive farming is discouraged, and those who prioritize the camp because they actually need the boots will get more opportunities. As it stands now, we have the same crowd of farmers extorting the rest of the server for 6k a pop. These are the same people that'll post here that you should "avoid the drama and buy a MQ."

It's ok, say it with me: Fuck those people.

Wiz here. Jboots gotten: Farmed Hero Bracers for the majority of it. Also Tinkering for Spyglasses/Stalking Probes.

Bind in South Qeynos by the Quest Guy, gate to GFay, Thunderclap down all of the Minos in the cave in Steamfont, kill the almost assuredly spawned Mino Hero, gate, hand-in. Prep another bracer, sell it in EC for 150pp, gate, hand in, gate to NRo.

You could also farm Rings of Shadow in South Karana after grabbing a SoW and clarity, can make 400pp in about 15 minutes doing this and Hero Bracers, 300pp every 10 minutes - of course, it involves time to trade in EC.

Sell ports while auctioning your farmed items, you'll have JBoots in a couple days whilst ignoring all the bullshit of player greed, aside from buying the MQ - mine costed 5750pp, gold included, with my Rapier.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Last edited by Lurgort/Sseri; 08-04-2020 at 08:11 AM..
Old 08-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

He he he.... Can't find the thread but... I TOLD YOU SO!

People scoffed when I said the player-made list would go to 50+ because of no AFK checks.

Now where is it? 100+

I'll say it again.... 100+

THIS is exactly why AFK-check enforced, hard-coded lists are the only way to do legacy items.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

NEVERMIND, found the thread!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=359414
Closed Thread