Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Gotta cast your vote. See my signature.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinetter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been on the Green server for most of a year now, have started two different chars on Faydwer. The level of crowding in CB and GF has thus far seemed very consistent with my memories of 20 years ago. As has, in the mid levels, Unrest.

If you need a good low-levels zone that's a lot less crowded, zone into Butcherblock. It is generally much less populated on Green today than it was back in the Classic live era.

Another good newbie zone that's generally uncrowded on Green is Steamfont. (You have to pass through LFay to get there but not for long and not a hazardous part of LFay.)
I'd also add that every newbie zone is pretty much not crowded generally. I've seen some issues with low level bards trying to swarm kite half the yard but other than that I have not run into issues leveling up a lowbie alt in any of the newbie areas.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM
Banned

saw this thread, rustled beta clinger detected
Old 07-27-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Nirgon, I cannot fathom why they haven't banished you to posting only in RnF and the red forums yet. Ph well, ignore still works...
Old 07-27-2020, 06:41 PM
Banned

try aradune when zones hit too high population another one spawns !

cool huh
Old 07-27-2020, 11:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couple of things. As Black Bellamy noted in his reply, if you joined EQ later on (say, for example, when Luclin was out or something like that), then yes seeing people camping Orc Hill and the entrance to CB would be uncommon. But seeing people doing that on most servers through Velious was very common (not only because they are decent camps in general for lower level players in the area, but because you could sell those belts and pads for plat or use them yourself for bonus EXP). CB itself has always been a very populated zone (even through Luclin) because of those reasons in addition to it being a fun dungeon, very convenient (Kelethin right next to it for banking/vendoring, and all of GFay counts as a city so melees can bind right at CB ZL if they want), and relatively safe (ZL isn't very far from anywhere you are in CB). Keep it in mind that you're discussing probably the most popular lower level dungeon in the game; by contrast, check out the population levels in dungeons like Befallen and Blackburrow...they are empty by comparison.

By the time Kunark hit, many servers ranged from 1,800-2,100 or so players at primetime. Green is well below that to my knowledge.

GFay itself can be a slightly tough newbie zone at times in the sense that if you have a few people running around killing mobs near the various lifts, you have to venture out into the foggy darkness to find more mobs to kill since they're wandering over a large area. Other newbie zones are much more condensed in this regard and therefore a few other newbies being in the area doesn't seem like overcrowded in the sense that there are still a lot of mobs you don't have to run very far to find.
I played between Kunark and Plane of Power era. Ever since the luclin launced I hardly see any people in classic zone. Not even the bandit sister camp in Lfay because there was a newbie zone that you can breeze through from level 1 to 40+ in a single zone. (with bit of PL from high level buffs) i think it was Echo Cavern.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, Luclin destroyed the old world newb zones. But the Luclin zone that did it was Paludal, tons of easy and easy to pull mobs with a high ZEM
Old 07-27-2020, 11:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, Luclin destroyed the old world newb zones. But the Luclin zone that did it was Paludal, tons of easy and easy to pull mobs with a high ZEM
Ahh that's right. i forgot it has been frigging almost 20 years lol. it was PALUDAL CAVERNS. Considering mob level was 5-25 i guess the max level you can get exp is 30 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2020, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

I remember my server on live had even a big gfay market where many people hung out all the time like ec tunnel
Old 07-28-2020, 01:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember my server on live had even a big gfay market where many people hung out all the time like ec tunnel
Yeah I also remember that! Though majority of players parked their toon in Bazzar or KC.
Last edited by skyfoxnz85; 07-28-2020 at 01:13 AM..
Closed Thread