Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 12:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Life time of server

Is this glorious green classic server going to merge with blue when "completed" I really hope not. Blue server has different mechanics. If and when green "caps" out why then merge to blue? I have hear a few people talk about this, and I do remember the discussions in the early stages, why merge green into blue, instead of creating a new server? I hope that what I have heard is merely rumors of rumors.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

what different mechanics? anything different between blue and green will be the same by the time green finishes the timeline to eventually get merged anyways, which probably wont happen for some time after greens timeline finished. They might open a new server anyways as the roll green into blue
Old 07-28-2020, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaggoner2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why merge green into blue, instead of creating a new server? .
It's Green99 because it's going to get recycled(Get it, green and recycling...) into Blue. Whence a new server will launch. Or at least that was the plan. I hope it still happens.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-28-2020, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Servers cost money. The plan was always to have two servers: one that's going through the Classic-Kunark-Velious timeline, and one to hold all of our characters when the timeline completes. The progression one dumps into the holding one and starts over so we can do it all again, and so new people get the opportunity to play through the timeline. Green dumps all of its characters to Blue and restarts.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:15 AM
Fire Giant

Its the same game same mechanics and last devs said the plan was to merge but they were open to discussing it amongst themselves further
Old 07-28-2020, 05:31 AM
Banned

no offense to server staff, but i imagine they have realized merging green into blue is not going to happen. or rather would be a bad idea. just as many of us who realize you can't merge a crazy broken economy with a new one. and that is just one of the issues the merge makes. If anything they will create a new server for green 2.0. and then start merging the new progression servers they make into green 1.0. That makes the most sense.

For all intents and purposes blue is seriously a trash server when you count up all the problems its had since it has a very long lifespan.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

I’m guessing they aren’t going to like the idea of paying out of their own pockets to keep extra servers up just because some people don’t want it to merge into Blue. By the time they merge Green will be mudflated and will make sense to have it merged. And then they’ll start a new Green.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

yeah imo green will merge into blue. Why should they care about economy as the reason not 2? Its pixels and data to them. Its a cost savings to just xfer all the data over to blue. Then make Green 2.0 on same server as Green 1.0 (which if anyone pays attention to Bug forums, they seem to do a lot of leg work). So I think green 2.0 will even be a bit easier on them. But as they've said in past their goal is to merge. So I am going to guess it will just merge. Heck for all we know they could throw their hands up on project and walk away before then[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-28-2020, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah imo green will merge into blue. Why should they care about economy as the reason not 2? Its pixels and data to them. Its a cost savings to just xfer all the data over to blue. Then make Green 2.0 on same server as Green 1.0 (which if anyone pays attention to Bug forums, they seem to do a lot of leg work). So I think green 2.0 will even be a bit easier on them. But as they've said in past their goal is to merge. So I am going to guess it will just merge. Heck for all we know they could throw their hands up on project and walk away before then[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RMT is a huge issue on blue. by merging green into blue it will create a huge problem with active legendary items to cycle into the RMT market.

This alone will give the staff serious pause if they are considering merging green 1.0 into blue. Blue has been around for a long time. It is not just the RMT but it is also a number of things that have transpired since its inception that I am unwilling to bring up in public. needless to say it is a very very tainted server. Even if green 1.0 is supposed to be recycled once the progression ends. merging it into blue is a huge mistake because of this.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:50 AM
Banned

time 2 lay off da shark fin bud
Closed Thread